For Sale: 1958 EDSEL CITATION 4dr hardtop - $10,500 - Ellsworth, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Same $10,500 Price: 8-15-2022:

For Sale: 1958 EDSEL CITATION 4dr hardtop - $10,500 - Ellsworth, WI - Still Available, Same $10,500 Price: 8-15-2022: See New Link Below:

1958 EDSEL CITAIAN 4 Dr. hard top - cars & trucks - by owner -... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

Here we have a Real American Classic example of the Late fifty's cruisers. The top of line model for all of Edsel.
The car has been in the family since about 1962. Always stored inside, started or driven on special occasions,
The owner is a retired auto mechanic and numerous items have been addressed in the last year. (mechanical).

REBUILT / New parts: starter. generator, carb kit, fuel pump kit, brake wheel cylinders, all new, steel brake lines, new w/w rear tires, and More over the years. The car is being looked over at this time for any mechanical drivability issues.
All the power windows and seat work flawless. Car does not have air cond.
Interior is all intact no tears, no mouse damage etc... Could use new carpet but serviceable as is. Radio not working at this time,
Body is straight, nice bumpers, some normal pitting on misc. pot metal trim, good windshield and all glass!
Body has had one repaint and is " daily driver quality" Floors and trunk are original and solid. A Minnesota car
e 475 engine (a torque figure), not the cubic inch! Cubic inch is 410. odometer: 61000
Copy and paste in your email: a1fb4cdac4e83b57851742506a31eb36@sale.craigslist.org
I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1958 EDSEL CITATION 4dr hardtop.

'58 EDSEL CITation Mn a.jpg

'58 EDSEL CITation Mn b.jpg

'58 EDSEL CITation Mn c.jpg

'58 EDSEL CITation Mn d.jpg

'58 EDSEL CITation Mn e.jpg

'58 EDSEL CITation Mn f.jpg

'58 EDSEL CITation Mn g.jpg

'58 EDSEL CITation Mn h.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
Still Available, Same $10,500 Price: 8-15-2022: Crossed out the dead CL link, (see edit history)
  • Like 4

Stylish car. Before my time but the reputation precedes them. By todays standards to me they dont look any goofier than a lot of other cars from that period, especially some mopars! Its crazy that generations later and they still dont draw an excitable crowd, being a love/hate car. I know dad had one, but no idea on the year, model, etc. Just remember him saying at times about the Edsel he owned. I recall he said it was a good car.

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1958 EDSEL CITATION 4dr hardtop - $10,500 - Ellsworth, WI - Not Mine - Still Available, Same $10,500 Price: 8-15-2022:

I am a bit surprised.  Certainly Edsel club geeks constantly look for remaining Citations would find this one. Plus, most 1958 cars in this condition and price sell.  By now.  

Whether you get an Edsel, Cadillac, Oldsmobile or Dodge, the main point here is that with the turn of a key, and a shift to drive, you are transported back to 1958.  

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)

On 8/20/2022 at 6:55 PM, B Jake Moran said:

I am a bit surprised.  Certainly Edsel club geeks constantly look for remaining Citations would find this one.

Real hard core Edsel people steer away from the 1958 big cars.  
Gorgeous to look at but not relaxing to drive. They just never feel “right”. 
They also have a lot of stuff made from unobtainium.  (Like taillights and motor mounts)

The Ford body cars are much better drivers and parts are more obtainable. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, m-mman said:

Real hard core Edsel people steer away from the 1958 big cars.  
Gorgeous to look at but not relaxing to drive. They just never feel “right”. 
They also have a lot of stuff made from unobtainium.  (Like taillights and motor mounts)

The Ford body cars are much better drivers and parts are more obtainable. 

Well I don't know for sure so I will take your word for it.   I've only done the research and reading.  But whether an old car is an Edsel Citation or a Buick, Imperial, Cadillac etc - I tend to look for the top of the line cars. 

I'm not sure I would take a Ford based Edsel.  For that reason, I have no interest in 1959's and even the rare 1960's.