1915 Model T - $14,500 (Sequim WA) NOT MINE

https://spokane.craigslist.org/cto/d/carlsborg-1915-model/7499582193.html

LOTS OF PICTURES ON LISTING.

1915 brass Model T Ford. Ruxstell rear axle. Rocky Mountain brakes. Coils run on 12V battery or magneto. Top in very good condition. Excellent upholstery. Wood wheels, good tires. Clean inside and out. Good driver, other extras.

This is a very solid rust free car.

I'm listing this for a friend. Please use CL messaging and include your phone number. I'll forward that and he'll call you.
Thanks
email   343f23a8449838a98ca96380d61ad564@sale.craigslist.org

00m0m_kFBH4YJoLD2z_0CI0lT_1200x900.jpg00B0B_9zqRUiOoYuoz_0CI0n0_1200x900.jpg00I0I_2inrWEJp7v0z_0CI0lR_1200x900.jpg00g0g_8nxSjiP9PQRz_0CI0kN_1200x900.jpg

• Like 3

2 hours ago, supercub said:

Any way to put front brakes on a T? Use rear rims with shoes? A T would be fun but I would need stopping on all fours. Originality is great until you end up in underneath an F150 that made a sudden stop.

The hot rodders have several methods, but rear wheel brakes are OK if you aren't going very fast (not a problem with any pre-1930 4cylinder) and you leave some space. I'd be pretty anxious using Henry's original set up with just a transmission brake and an open differential.  

8 hours ago, supercub said:

Any way to put front brakes on a T?

It has been done a couple of ways on the MTFCA forums. Modification is needed to the front wishbone to take the torque.

Use rear rims with shoes?

The stock ones are not really up to the task. They are unlined, There is a better way though. It is called "Rocky Mountain Brakes", a popular period accessory. I believe they are band brakes like many cars of the period. Reproductions may be available new.

Originality is great until you end up in underneath an F150 that made a sudden stop.

Panic stops are never going to be good on 30x3.5 tires. Front brakes would help though. Then there is the steering.....

• Like 2