Late teens/early 1920s Headlight Lenses

dpcdfan

Here are several late teens/ early to mid 1920s headlight lenses I've been unable to ID. As usual, any help is greatly appreciated!

#1 PRIMOLITE-- 8 5/8" 1st 3 pics

#2 FLINTEX.. 2 pics

#3 BAUCH & LOMB-- STAR...3 pics

#4 PATTERSON LENZ.. PAT NOV 25, 1919...3 pics

#5 LIBERTY LENS... last 2 pics 

IMG_5509.jpg

IMG_5510.jpg

IMG_5511.jpg

IMG_5512.jpg

IMG_5513.jpg

IMG_5514.jpg

IMG_5515.jpg

IMG_5516.jpg

IMG_5521.jpg

IMG_5520.jpg

IMG_5519.jpg

IMG_5524.jpg

IMG_5525.jpg

It would help if you gave measurements of the other lenses and also look for any numbers on the edges of the lenses.

The 1925 to 1927 Chrysler 70 used Bausch and Lomb lenses that look like your one, but I've also seen I think Cadillac with these lenses too, so numbers and measurements may help.

5 minutes ago, viv w said:

It would help if you gave measurements of the other lenses and also look for any numbers on the edges of the lenses.

The 1925 to 1927 Chrysler 70 used Bausch and Lomb lenses that look like your one, but I've also seen I think Cadillac with these lenses too, so numbers and measurements may help.

The only one that had any dimensions on the edge was the first one which said 8 5/8" The rest had nothing to help ID them.

Its called the outside OD thats whats on some lens measure books and Imprinted on the glass, total across side to side, and also the books will list the Prism diameter thats the diameter of the lip to lip inside the outside diameter, that could be like a half inch less then total OD.  plus they will also require the slots in degrees so if you have a slot at bottom of lens thats 180 if you have a slot at 9:00 o'clock thats 270 I have seen some with 5 slots, that will narrow down and also in the prism ring sometimes a part number and correct maker if all those bells align someone might have a book that will ID your Headlight lens.

Regards 

• Like 1

On the Liberty Lens, look on the lower right edge, while reading the name 'Liberty'. The last number is the size of the lens. If it is a 9 inch lens, I would be interested in it if it is for sale...

Frank

Untitled.png

On 6/21/2022 at 4:32 AM, oldford said:

On the Liberty Lens, look on the lower right edge, while reading the name 'Liberty'. The last number is the size of the lens. If it is a 9 inch lens, I would be interested in it if it is for sale...

Frank

Untitled.png

Hi Frank,

The numbers on the Liberty lens are No-4769-B-9. Yes, it's available for sale.