For Sale: 1966 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA V8 2dr Sport Sedan - Project - $3,900 - Near Rochester, MN - Not Mine -This posting has been deleted by its author.

For Sale: 1966 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA V8 2dr Sport Sedan - Project - $3,900 - Near Rochester, MN - Not Mine -This posting has been deleted by its author. 

1966 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1966 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA! Last year, last model! All there and all original. 283 Chevy V8 (factory) Options: AT, Radio, Windshield washer. Very solid body, and frame. Excellent Vinyl Roof, headliner, dash and door panels. Seats are crunchy and foam inside is degrading, so they need recovering. Recently purchased NOS front fenders and an extra driveshaft - all included. This should be an easy restore. Pillars are solid and doors close well. 3 small fixes on the floors (top-down rust) Former Missouri car. Been inside for many years. This is one of very few of these cars remaining and is a very collectible car.
The previous owner noted these words in his ad when I bought it in 2019. "I believe this car was last driven in the early 1990’s (his grandfather's car) and sat in a barn from then till 2010. In 2010 until now it has sat in my garage. The car has 80,156 miles on it, but currently the car does not run or stop, but it rolls around easily. The engine does rotate but hasn’t run in a long time. This car needs to turn heads again, and I’m not the right person for the job, but perhaps you are?"
Clear MN title in my name. Must be transferred at the time of sale. Reduced from $4800 to $3900 cash. Car is located just north of Rochester MN about 15 miles. CALLS ONLY, no texts, and no email.

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1966 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA V8 2dr Sport Sedan - Project.

Note: one of 620 2dr Sport Sedans built in the last model year production. Studebaker Drivers Club and parts availability is very good and readily available for these cars.   The Standard Catalog of American Cars, 1946-1975, Edited by John Gunnell states "Twin-Traction, disk brakes and transistor ignition were standard on Daytona Sport Sedan"

'66 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA MN a.jpg

'66 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA MN b.jpg

'66 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA MN c.jpg

'66 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA MN d.jpg

'66 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA MN e.jpg

'66 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA MN f.jpg

'66 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA MN g.jpg

'66 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA MN h.jpg

'66 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA MN i.jpg

'66 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA MN j.jpg

Edited by 58L-Y8
This posting has been deleted by its author. 6-11-2022 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, daniel boeve said:

Sport sedan ?? Not to me .

"Sport Sedan" was Studebaker's description for their topline, two door Daytona sedan for those last two years of Canadian production 1965-'66.  The two-door hardtop production ended with the 1964 model run, marketing thought they still had to offer a model that would appeal to prior Daytona hardtop buyers.  It was a pale effort, but they could only do so much with what they had left to work with... 

This is a car for the hard-core Studebaker enthusiast who absolutely must have the last of its breed.

• Like 1

The 66 is the best looking of those last lark variants IMHO. The front anyway. I'll admit the 64-65 tail light is a little better. The reason it's weird looking is it is still a Lark with some different panels bolted on, and that is pretty limiting. Also, Studebaker had convinced themselves that they were going to just make the same thing forever like Volkswagen. I once owned the roughest most beyond hope 66 Commander that ever existed. I would like another someday, hopefully in better condition. What I can't get past here personally is my seething dislike of vinyl tops, and all 66 Daytonas have them. Every single one. Studebaker was known for building you anything you asked for, so in theory one without vinyl could exist, but as far as I know none have ever surfaced. You would have had to get the order in at exactly the right time too because production shut down really early in the year.

You can't be too picky about these because they didn't make many. I'm really struck by how unmolested this car seems to be. More pictures would be a good thing. If you don't recoil at vinyl tops, and if the top isn't hiding a massive rust problem, this might be a good one to get.

Me? I'll wait for a Commander with a factory V8 and 3 speed overdrive. I'll probably never see it.

• Like 1

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1966 STUDEBAKER DAYTONA V8 2dr Sport Sedan - Project - $3,900 - Near Rochester, MN - Not Mine -This posting has been deleted by its author.