1962 windshield interchange

Rooster

Glass should interchange with any other GM car of same year, platform and body style.

Invicta/LeSabre/Wildcat are GM "B" body platform. This means 1962 Impala, Olds 88/Starfire, Pontiac Catalina/Grand Prix (and probably Bonneville) 2dHT windshields should be an exact replacement- as are side and rear windows.

Pretty sure all 1962 Chevrolet body glass is available so this should be easy to find.

• Like 2

I believe there was variation by roof line. In other words, a 2 or 4 door sedan front windshield won't fit a 2 door non-post car. Whatever your car is (4 door, 2 door, convertible, etc.). The corresponding 61/62 Impala body style will have the same windshield. 

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey Ken, I assume this is for Greg's car? As mentioned above, ALL glass on his Wildcat are the same as Chevrolet and Pontiac coupes. The windscreen is the same for all models of coupe & convertible, but they are a couple of inches shorter than the sedan/wagon screen. My Electra has a 1961/62 Chevrolet screen in it, full tint and band. They are generally "off the shelf" even here in Perth. Don't ask for a Buick one! The Electra side glass is different to your car but the windscreen and vent windows are the same. All door rubber and hardware is the same for all models. 

Rick

• Like 1