Driveline parts advice 1963 Buick Riviera with Dynaflo

rodneybeauchamp

Hi all, 

wanting to replace the transmission mounting and front universal joint on my ‘63 Riviera fitted with the Dynaflo auto.

After looking on line and searching the forum posts, am still a bit confused by some of the listings given to try and order the correct parts.

These will be installed as part of an overhaul to correct a major transmission leak discovered when we did the Australian Buick Nationals in May.

Located in Australia means I can’t pop into Rock Auto or others and compare.

Many thanks in advance.

Rodney 😀😀😀😀😀

15 hours ago, rodneybeauchamp said:

a bit confused by some of the listings given to try and order the correct parts.

Same here although I'll be swapping to a ST-400 for my '63.

Confusion on Transmission Mount for the Dynaflow. I've come across sources in the past for a replacement but can't find in my folders at the moment. I do know Steele Rubber offers a vulcanizing service to your core. Cost is substantially more than the replacements I've seen online. The latter are cheap off-shore products?

Use HD Front U-Joint (No Moog)

image.png.82b71d64afa73580f8933134714012ab.png

Driveshaft Centre Support for '64 - up (63 is P/N 3R80-25 but appears obsolete):

https://www.powertrainindustries.com/story/3R80-10?catalog_table=dsp_center_bearings

I had my dynaflow mount revulcanized by Steele.  Turn around was not that long, but obviously that will be different given your location.  

James at Best Offer Counts has a modified mount he claims is a workable replacement.  

• Thanks 1