Pre-War Automobile Book Recommendation

DNC

Hi friends,  I have just finished reading my copy of The Nethercutt Collect by Dennis Adler for the third time.  Can anyone recommend another book with equal quality and detailed photos for pre-war automobiles?  Thank you

If your interest is in Full Classics, Kimes "The Classic Era" is a must.  Not really like a typical Adler book but once read you will know more about Full Classics than 90% of casual or general car folks.  Suggesting that based on your interest in the Nethercutt Collection.

Kimes also co-authored a catalog of prewar cars, I think you can find either online although they are out of print.

Happy reading!

• Like 1

Look for a Ralph Stein book, I have at least 3 of his, The Treasury of the Automobile" pub 1961, 250 pages, The American Automobile, 250 pages pub about 1970, and The Great Cars, pub 1967, 250 pages,  I have all 3 in well read condition with original cover jackets, and if you're interested (or anyone else) would sell them for $15 apiece plus shipping. (I have about 300 hardcover auto books so downsizing!)

• Like 3

42 minutes ago, SC38dls said:

The Classic Car. A CCCA book that is very interesting and the art work was done by “Walt”. Great book for information on classics

dave s 

B41142B5-9260-4A31-A69B-EF1E2B66CEF8.jpeg

Good choice. I only recommend books that have pictures of cars I own in them.  I’m halfway through this one, which is really good. It has personal histories of the greats of the coachbuilt era  that you won’t find anywhere else.

Detroit steel artists 

85602016-E582-4431-AED6-5E78CC9A0B50.jpeg

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)