1987 (1988) Reatta #113 Located - For Sale

B Jake Moran

Interesting find.    Way back around 1998 I made contact with a Mrs Vaclavik at GM and she (and possibly others) were keepers of the vehicles etc GM donated.   

She hand generated a list (everything was not on computers back then) of Reattas donated.   I can visualize her going thru drawers in file cabinets looking for folders for Reattas.

I am sure she could have missed some but the list she sent me contained only one 1988 (900094),  2 - 1989's,  14 - 1990's,  and 45 - 1991 Reattas.  

Her list, by column contained the following information.... Year, VIN, model, Institution, City, ST, Phone, Fax, Contact. 

Not all the listed cars had the City, St , Phone, Fax and Contact.   So I attempted to fill in the blanks.    After that exercise, I had most of them, but I had concentrated on the 1991's. 

As noted above 900113 for 1988 was not on the list,  so I do not know if GM donated it or who donated it to the school. 

When I check the database,  it does not show up being anywhere.    Where is it now?   Let me know if it is scrapped. 

ALSO.... activity on the database has slowed to a crawl..... I will still add information on any Reatta you find.   Does not matter if it is a show car or in a Pick n pull,  I will update the database

if you send me the info.

The last report i received from R.L.Polk in 2015 said there were less than 7,000 Reattas registered in the US.    That number would be about 1/3 of the car made and now 7 years later I am sure 

that number is even smaller.    Polk may still be a source for the registration information but my contact left the company and we would probably have to pay for the information today. 

2 minutes ago, Barney Eaton said:

Interesting find.    Way back around 1998 I made contact with a Mrs Vaclavik at GM and she (and possibly others) were keepers of the vehicles etc GM donated.   

As noted above 900113 for 1988 was not on the list,  so I do not know if GM donated it or who donated it to the school. 

When I check the database,  it does not show up being anywhere.    Where is it now?   Let me know if it is scrapped. 

Not scrapped yet.  This is a new find for sure.   3rd to the earliest Reatta known. Wish we had someone to restore it

Florida is tough but are other sates on the souf that are not so... I recently paid $300 more for a local car after the owner changed the title from a deceased relative in Texas to a Florida title in his name. Once spent over a year clearing a title from Missouri.

You are correct that it might have been a donation from GM that is not on my list.   GM people that I have talked with say that GM holds a "scrap" title on all the cars they donated. 

That was done for legal reasons, in the event the car ever made it on the road or was involved in an accident,  they own the car but have documentation saying it was not to be driven or used on public roads etc. 

We have information that 3-4 of the Reattas that were donated ended up with titles.   One owner in Georgia who discovered he had a donated car, contacted GM and turned it over to them so he avoided legal issues.  

Here are some of the stickers that were placed on the windshields of the donated Reattas that I have on file. 

IVY 1.jpg

donated.jpg

DSCN1131.JPG

DSCN1133.JPG

When I went to technical school for automotive we had several donated low mileage cars from the manufacturers.  

If this was donated in 1988 then its past it’s prime on what students can learn and it was likely placed in a back area where it was abused.  Likely a vandalism of the windshield.  

Now the facility wants to clean out the back forty so to speak. School is out.  

Edited by B Jake Moran (see edit history)