First Light/Rite Of Spring

Riviera63

Today the temperatures were in the low 90's here in central Wisconsin. Winter to summer in one week. Who needs spring? Time to awaken the Riviera from its long winter's sleep. This is one of my favorite yearly rites of passage. I still marvel at this car every time I get it out in the spring. Crank the starter until the oil light goes out, stop, 2 pumps on the accelerator, hit the starter again and we have ignition! Running smooth as silk. Ready for a ride to get it nice and hot so that I can check and replace the transmission fluid the Dynaflow burped out this year. Following Tom T's advice brake fluid was in the mix this year. With the weather so hot and muggy the AC got a work out as well. Thankfully, no problems there. All is right with the world.

Bill

20220512_131422.jpg

20220512_133245.jpg

IMG_7244.JPG

• Like 5

Bill, marvel indeed, your Riv is quite the looker, beauty sleep!

Your garage is protection from the elements but inability to work on your Riv over the winter? That would definitely make spring a special annual event.

I didn't get much done on my Riviera since last fall. Too cold, too dark, too late in the day. Lots of excuses!

I have 2 old overhead door openers over my Riv (front & rear 8' doors). I worry if the chain of either opener were to break . . . .  The modern opener on my double overhead door has a cogged belt up the middle between vehicles.

Knock-on-wood, my Dynaflow doesn't leak.

It’s back at the rear but can’t follow it,  even getting a good eye on it. I’m goin to tie a paper towel around overflow and see if it tells me anything. I checked rear seal and selector seal, does not seem to be dripping there. 

Edited by Chasander (see edit history)
  • Like 1