For Sale: 1959 Ford Fairlane 500 Galaxie 4dr Sedan, 6-cylinder, manual shift - $8,500 - Inver Grove Heights, MN - Not Mine

For Sale: 1959 Ford Fairlane 500 Galaxie 4dr Sedan, 6-cylinder, manual shift - $8,500 - Inver Grove Heights, MN -

1959 Ford Fairlane 500 Galaxie - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle... (craigslist.org)
Seller's Description:

1959 Ford Fairlane 500 Galaxie, Mileage Maker 6-cylinder engine, 3 on the tree manual transmission, 88,750 miles. Runs and drives. Contact via craigslist email or call/text. No trades - $8500 OBO Payment Terms - Cash, Paypal, or will consider accompanying you to your bank to witness a cashier's check.

Copy and paste in your email: 1c1a35bfbcfb3839a0185a32dd7bca55@sale.craigslist.org

I have no personal interest or stake in the eventual sale of this 1959 Ford Fairlane 500 Galaxie 4dr Sedan.

'59 Ford Galaxie MN aa.jpg

'59 Ford Galaxie MN a.jpg

'59 Ford Galaxie MN b.jpg

'59 Ford Galaxie MN c.jpg

'59 Ford Galaxie MN ca.jpg

'59 Ford Galaxie MN d.jpg

'59 Ford Galaxie MN e.jpg

'59 Ford Galaxie MN f.jpg

37 minutes ago, TerryB said:

I’m guessing the air cleaner setup isn’t quite stock

Nope completely correct!   

The 223 six was introduced for 1952 when high hoods were common. It was a tall engine. 

Unfortunately shortly after introduction lower hoods quickly became the style and Ford had to do something.  There is almost nothing that you can do to the block and valve cover, BUT you can "remove" the air cleaner and mount it on the side of the engine to gain 4-5 inches of head room. 

• Like 3

6 hours ago, m-mman said:

Nope completely correct!   

The 223 six...mount it on the side of the engine to gain 4-5 inches of head room. 

Was that unusual side-mounted air cleaner

used for all Ford engines that year, or just for that Six?

It's certainly unusual, and would make a good

conversation starter at car shows.

My '59 Edsel Ranger 2 door sedan with the straight six has a similar air cleaner, but in orange...

• Like 1