1965 buick skylark fire wall tag

Fremont California build. The one that drives GM A-body owners nuts trying to decode those arcane codes. It always amazed me that Fremont was able to keep the four A-body carlines separate coming down the assembly lines anyway.

I've never seen this myself but the fasteners appear to be undisturbed from new. Undoubtedly an Oldsmobile data plate, but your car is also undoubtedly a Buick as evidenced by 65-44467- a 1965 Buick (4) Skylark (44) convertible (67).

• Like 1

18 hours ago, rocketraider said:

I've never seen this myself but the fasteners appear to be undisturbed from new. Undoubtedly an Oldsmobile data plate, but your car is also undoubtedly a Buick as evidenced by 65-44467- a 1965 Buick (4) Skylark (44) convertible (67).

One could probably write a book on unintentional factory anomalies such as this.   

Craig

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

We've been yapping on and haven't completely decoded the plate for you.

3E= built 5th week March 1965

BF= Fremont CA assembly plant

722= sequential BODY number which as noted seems a little early for a March build

147= interior trim code. I don't have 65 Buick codes but 47 are white vinyl bench seat for Oldsmobile and Pontiac. Maybe interior has been replaced? Dark red looks great.

C C= Arctic White upper and lower body color

A= white convertible top 

A49= deluxe front seat belts. Chrome buckles with Fisher Coach

23713 are Fremont plant option codes.

• Like 2

Great looking car! I would embrace the mistake on the body tag. It is obvious correct for the car and like mentioned above, def. factory installed as per the rivets. Makes it a bit unique over the others that may be out there. I like the 'magic mirror acrylic lacquer'.

• Like 1

Good looking car. You may want to document this thread for future use as it explains some of the history of the plant the car was produced in. If you ever sell it or pass it on to your kids the question may arise again. The guys in the know about that plant are all getting older by the day and may not be around when you need them. LOL 
dave s 

• Like 3