Spider gear needed for 1924 Six ( B70)

Hi I am looking for a Spider gear for the differential of my 1924 B70 ,if you have anything from that year or later please let me know, looking for other parts also , Alex 519 851 0825 or alexandercotic@gmail.com 

Thank you!

Chrysler differentials at this time of manufacture varied a lot, and they often changed parts in mid year production on models.

The first thing you need to check is the serial number of your car to confirm its year of production and that it is a 1924 model B70, then check in the pre 34 parts manual to see if any other models gears are interchangeable. Even then , you cannot be sure they will interchange.

The parts manual says a B70, a model 58 and SOME of the model 60 used the same gears, but at a certain serial number the gears on a model 60 changed. The model G70 gears have a different part number, so be careful when buying and don't assume parts from other later cars will be the same.

It took me years to find a diff pumpkin to fit the rear axle housing on my series G70. I bought a 29 axle and a 31 assuming the pumpkin would have the same bolt pattern to fit my housing, they looked the same, but all 3 were different and do not interchange. I bought another 1927 G70 axle in Montreal, travelled from africa to collect it, and then realised the series G70 had 2 different axles during production, the Montreal axle was the later production and no use, I was lucky to find a buyer before I shipped it home..

I then found 3 sisters selling 4 rear axles on ebay in Sydney Australia, all were for 1920's Chryslers and after studying the photos closely I noticed all 4 had differences, one was correct and I bought it. I also got another at Hershey and managed to make one from the two units, the second one I'm keeping for spares, but that one also has broken spider gears.

I also have a series 62 and I am rebuilding the diff, it takes different bearings, gears, axle shafts and housings to my G70, fortunately it just needed new bearings and I have managed to find most of the bearings, but still looking for 2 outer shaft bearing cups, timken 2732.

Good luck with finding your parts, but just make sure what you are buying is correct for your car. A picture and some measurements might help .

Best regards

Viv.