Hose clamps

1wonton

Most hose clamps I find today have a wedge-shaped slot for the screwdriver and are kind of difficult to keep the screwdriver in place.  I used to see clamps with a slot enclosed with a little ring, keeping the slotted scredriver in place.  Anyone know of or suggest another type of hose clamp that makes it easier to keep the driver in place when tightening?

ron

Yes, I agree but more often than not one would not have an appropriate socket and extension while do work while on the road.  A screwdriver is usually handy and I was wondering if people here had knowledge of a better type of hose clamp  than the usual cheaply constructed clamps now available.

16 hours ago, 1wonton said:

Yes, I agree but more often than not one would not have an appropriate socket and extension while do work while on the road.  A screwdriver is usually handy and I was wondering if people here had knowledge of a better type of hose clamp  than the usual cheaply constructed clamps now available.

Are these what you're looking for?

Note the website and ph#

image.png.305be0152e3144c4710c87607fbfef02.png

Thanks everyone but still looking for better hose clamps.  There used to be clamps that had an encirclement around the slot so that your screwdriver was securely located within.    The screwdirver wouldn't slip off to the side when approaching at a less than 90 degree angle.  Most of the clamps I find today are cheaply made of thinner material and are barely adequate for the job.  Yes, I know of the t-slot and hex-head types but just looking for a better slotted type clamp.

America is now not the country I grew up in.

There are countless different hose clamps and countless different applications from them.

Choose accordingly.

Besides, and I assume you all know this, the leakage and/or problem, if one exists, may not be caused or cured by the clamps …

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Like 1