1928 Chrysler Roadster Weatherstrip???

leomara

This is the windshield on my 1928 Chrysler Sport Roadster Model 72.  It believe it requires weatherstripping in the areas I've pointed to.  Can anyone advise me as to what I should be looking for?  Shape, type anything would be helpful.    

100_1477.JPG

windshield wiper.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

Leo, the one at the bottom between the cowl and frame is a "T" section pretty much the same as Model A Ford. Have a look at Steele rubber products on line and you will find something.

The side between the frame and windscreen posts. probably does not have a seal unless the frame has a slot to slide in rubber, basically the side curtains clip onto those male lift the dots on the windscreen posts and the material stops rain coming thru. Very little rain is likely to come thru between the posts and frame anyway even if driving without the side curtains.

I have seen that you can buy a rubber section to go between the top and bottom halves of the screen, in reality, if the glass is fitted and cut correctly, there is no room for a rubber seal. My 52 tourer I drove many times in torrential rain and by opening the top half of the frame slightly forward of the lower half, I had VERY little come thru even when driving at pace. The only time I ever fitted the side curtains when driving, was if the rain was come sideways in strong winds.

On 5/23/2022 at 4:00 AM, jpage said:

Check with Restoration Specialties in PA as they make a lot of those types of rubber seals at prices much lower than Steele. they will send you samples to try before you but!

There is two different sizes your should take the smaller. The rubber shrinks a bit so cut it a bit on the long size and trim it after a month or more.

• Like 1