'27 Chryslurp 70.Apple Hydraulics fails again

Flivverking

A year and half(over due) struggling to get brakes on the '27 Chrysler 70 and "Apple" screwing me over on a rotten leaky rebuilding job of sleeving,

we finally got brake pressure with no leaks from hard to find  replacement wheel cylinders ,sleeved by Brake &Equipment Warehouse.

Not only did all 4 wheel cylinders have blow by after inept sleeving & rebuilding by "Apple" and got as far as returing 3, to be redone ( only for those to still leak),now the master cylinder sleeved and rebuilt by Apple Hydraulics is leaking too.

So we have to send that out to be redone,somewhere else!

We have studied all the failed wheel cylinders sleeved and resleeved by Apple Hydraulics at 1-1/4" inch and all sleeves have seams(not seamless tubing ) and riddled with forming/reforming groves from what ever brass stock with a seam, and on some redone have low brown spots of oxidation passed over by honing.

Their method is very poor or lets say shoddy.

Just saying.

Sincerly ,Davey Downer!

• Like 1

Well that sure makes me look forward to something that's not good.  I had Apple do my master and wheel cylinders, got them all mounted on my 1928 Chrysler Model 72 but have not tried them yet because the body is still off the chassis.  I was told to avoid the Virginia brake place in favor of Apple.  We shall see what develops...

Mark, that was the other firm I was alluding to.  I have no issue with either of these places at this time.  I just find it disturbing to hear that anyone selling a specialized service is doing less than a quality job.

my 1928 chrysler 72 has external expanding brakes 

not the best braking system 

how long did chrysler use this system

i believe 1928 was the last year 

dont know when they started using this system

john