1929 plymouth model "U". serial number 9308866. I can not find any reference to this this number

Ray Whiting

On closed cars there was a medallion on center of upper dash rail on open cars there was a medallion on the instrument panel . This is where the serial numbers are located . Engine numbers on left front corner of block . It may be a body number ?  Body number 320 would be a Briggs body and body number 88 would be a Hayes body . 

14 minutes ago, Ray Whiting said:

It has a serial number 9308866 on the drivers door hinge pillar

Wow, that's the first Canadian Built one I have heard of on AACA.  It is a 1932 PB built in Windsor Ontario plant. 

Windsor cars use very different number ranges than USA built.  1932 Windsor PB ran from 9307951 to 9310695

engine stamped number should start with letters PB----

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Ray Whiting said:

I am restoring  what I believe is a 1929 plymouth model "U".  It has a serial number 9308866 on the drivers door hinge pillar.

I can not find any reference to this this number  .  Can anybody help?

Cheers

Got any photos?

More visual ID, in case somebody swapped ID numbers onto an earlier car:

32 PB would have suicide front doors on all body types. 

Older Plymouths all had normal hinged front doors, including leftover/changeover early model 32 PA.

• Peter Gariepy changed the title to 1929 plymouth model "U". serial number 9308866. I can not find any reference to this this number
  • 1 year later...

Hi.  Thanks for letting me join this forum.  I too am restoring a Plymouth Model U 1929.  The car was bodied by Holden in Australia.  The medallion on the dash is missing so I don’t have a serial number.  The engine number has 301029-2 and 83129 and U10011 stamped on it.  The Holden body number is 2072 and is stamped CHRY55TR.   Job number 83 09.   I wonder if anybody can tie in this information to a chassis number or can provide any provenance on the vehicle.  
kindest regards 

Mick. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 1 month later...