What is it 1915-1920s

Leif Holmberg

I have been searsing for the left car many times and houers but with no luck,just wonder if it can be an Europeen car make?That radiator are close to Oldsmobile as well as on  Scania Vabis (Swedish car),but not the right ones.The car has a red licens plate with meens, it`s car for sale or just has been sold?Therefor I can`follow it up in my registration books.The picture ar from 1925-1926.Thanks in advace for your help!

Leif in Sweden

Söderåsen 1925-1926 ca (1) - kopia.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I believe it could be the same car as the middle one in the photo below.

The car has registration number X127, but weirdly this was registered as a Ford.

I also believe it could be the same car as in this previous post:

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/212962-what-is-it-no-15the-last-one-i-think/

The comments suggests that it could be a Windhoff.

319455.jpg.9837a70aeaee69789fc296166876d704.jpg

I also thought that it might be X197.

X197 was actually a Windhoff, which was also registered in the same area of Sweden as X127.

However, the owner of X197 doesn't match very well with the known information about the car in these photos.

And comparing the cars, X197 does not match with these photos either.

The body is of course heavily modified, with for example new radiator, but the chassis components doesn't match either.

More pictures of X197 can be found in this earlier post:

https://forums.aaca.org/topic/247986-pictures-you-have-never-seen-beforewindhoff/

XLM.Torsaker1392.jpg.9cd761081262238d59983aff47d64960.jpg

Dandy Dave you are are probebly right about Oldsmobile on the car,just becuse it has a wrong reg.plate X127.The owner of this car also had a Ford-T with the reg. number of X127 and it looks that he had used this reg.plate for a tour with his Oldsmobile  this day of some reasen?The very right number on the Oldsmobile are X126.

The car on left X125 are a Vivinus close to 1911,and the car on the right are a Ford-T close to 1914.

In 1916 all cars-motorcycles here in Sweden had to change the registation numbers ,that`s the reasen thos cars has numbers close to each others,all of them registred in Storvik.

In my opinion the Oldsmobile probebly has an new built body made in 1912-1913 on a n old Oldsmobile chassie from 1907?????

It looks like the car Oldsmobile has been rebuilt one more time at least on the cowl?