1948 olds fastback

Hard to tell what might be underneath that gray primer from looking at a few computer pictures of a 74-year old car from the northeast rust belt. I see you're already in PA and if you're seriously interested in the car, a personal inspection (by you) is in order. Crawl underneath and check out the floors, inner & outer rockers as well as the frame & body braces. Make sure the car is complete with all of its 2-door trim parts as that stuff might be hard to find. The price seems high to me given the fact that someone will still be spending many (tens of?) thousands of dollars to finish the restoration. Good luck. 

• Like 2

This 1948 2 door straight 8 appears to be the Futuramic styling for the 1949 Rocket V8 introduction. My father had the traditional styled light blue 1948 Oldsmobile 2 door 8. I believe there was some overlap in styling.

In the early to mid 1970s there was a green one of these in Monongahela PA. that had been left in a garage off a relatively busy street. The garage collapsed around it and was removed. The car sat for years outside. It had less than 10,000 miles on the original wide whites still looked good as did the paint chrome and interior. I do think there was some slight body damage to one of the fenders or doors.  As a 17 to 20-year-old I was all over this car and tried to buy it. NOT FOR SALE was the repeated answer. Each year the condition got worse and was being vandalized. Until one day it disappeared.

• Like 1