1948 Crosley Coupe Rare Bird - $9,900 (Vista CA) "no mio"

1948 Crosley Coup Rare Bird - $9,900 (Vista)

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/cto/d/vista-1948-crosley-coup-rare-bird/7444186861.html

• contact name:

Chris Estep

• call or text:

(760) 672-0127

• offering for sale or Trade: 1948 Crosley Coupe aka Micro Car aka Chic Magnet
    Vehicle has 15K actual miles and a clean title. Low price
    4 passenger car.
    It starts and drives but tiny scarey car,
    New tires. Needs brakes checked, pulls to the left..lol
    I found a place in Nevada that ships out parts for this little yellow bird: www.servicemotors.net
    Body at some point in time was repainted,
    The way you see it was the way I bought it.
    There were a small amount of these cars produced, and there are hardly any left.
    Stick shift transmission and it has no power steering but it steers very easily because it's a light little clown car.
    Heater blows hot
    The radio in the vehicle is original. Either I don't know how to turn it on, or it doesn't work.
    Lights work on the vehicle.
    It's very drivable, but also remember it's 74 years old.
    Brakes need attention, small hole bottom fuel tank needs to be fixed.
    Doesn't shift all that smooth, maybe just an adjustment.
    Sliding windows in both driver and passenger doors, which is very unique.
    At one time purchased from a collector that had 15 of them.
    Mechanically, it needs the cable replaced to pop the hood open, an easy fix, not much more than a cable from a lawnmower, and the gentleman told me that the carburetor needs to be cleaned out, even though it starts and runs fine. It comes with a part book, even though you may be able to get a lot of parts on eBay that you may need in the future.
    It was in a couple car shows (1982 and 1983), and it comes with the plaques. This car spent more time sitting than being driven, but if you want to buy this & drive it to car shows next year, you'll have a really cool car that you should have no trouble finding a parking spot for!
    All Trades considered.
    I LOVE OLD VEHICLES...
    It runs but not that safe on the road till brakes delt with.
    AS IS and price will go up if I start fixing little things on it.

• 00k0k_753cb7b1xkFz_0pN0jm_1200x900.jpg00A0A_gTSQoJIqsRGz_0pN0jm_1200x900.jpg00p0p_iwVIn533WHsz_0pN0jm_1200x900.jpg00B0B_63pcQIEBzyBz_0pN0jm_1200x900.jpg

Spent more time time sitting than being driven, thats a good indicator of milage, and the lack of available clowns to drive it. Steers to the left in a funny way, is that a politically correct wheel alignment? Five minutes with a pair of pliers and a screwdriver should fix the poor shifting.

Shifting could just be that he doesn't know how to drive a car with out synchromesh. The transmission tops did wear but are not all that hard to rebuild if it does need work. Looks like the whole car was reconditioned some time in the past not just the paint.