'28 Studebaker Sedan $16,500

Not mine...

Looks a nice driver: (from H.A.M.B.)   https://www.jalopyjournal.com/forum/threads/1928-studebaker.1255600/ 

This is a very nice car inside and out. Starts right up runs perfect drives very well. It's missing one outside door handle other than that no surprises with this car. Clear CA. title up to date tags. Mileage shows a little over 20k and it is believed to be correct but i cannot verify that. Looking at the car it's very possible tho. I can be reached during the day at 661-333-7557 or message me thru the Hamb. Thanks, Mark

001-jpg.5311591005-jpg.5311594016-jpg.5311600022-jpg.5311604

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Hudsy Wudsy said:

I know from my years in the apparel business that it's easy to overlook the color taupe, but match it to a crisp black and you've got a beautiful classic look.

And agreed on colors, our first A was rose beige (taupe like, with nice depth), seal brown around greenhouse and of course black fenders.  I always thought it made the tudor pop a bit, and was a great period color combo.  First thing I thought of with this one!

• Like 1

Attractive Studebaker in good condition for a reasonable price, what's not to like?  Here is the body number tag on the engine side of the firewall. The "GE" identifies Dictator Six, the "W" Studebaker's letter identifier for a four-door sedan and the "-2" the trim level.   This is a first series by the radiator shell styling which was changed mid-season to a LaSalle-influenced style.  The engine is a 242 ci. 50 hp unit.

'28 Studebaker tag.JPG

• Like 1

This car is a 1928 GE Dictator 1st Series and is a nice older restoration.  Not a 20 thousand mile original car.   Seller states only missing one door handle, however, there is a few other parts missing (ignition switch, rear door ashtray, and Atalanta radiator cap)  and parts that are chromed that should be painted.  I think the car is a little over priced.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mark Huston said:

This car is a 1928 GE Dictator 1st Series and is a nice older restoration.  Not a 20 thousand mile original car.   Seller states only missing one door handle, however, there is a few other parts missing (ignition switch, rear door ashtray, and Atalanta radiator cap)  and parts that are chromed that should be painted.  I think the car is a little over priced.  

That's a nice detailed critique, Mark. It's always nice to hear from people who know their stuff.

• Like 2