What is the car?

nzcarnerd

A couple of photos from Gisborne, New Zealand. dated as circa 1915 but I think it is a little later. Gisborne was relatively isolated and there was a desire to have an air service there from the early days but it wasn't until 1931 that a service began. 

3rd Level New Zealand: Gisborne Air Transport - "The Pioneer Air Service" (3rdlevelnz.blogspot.com)

The plane is an AIRCO DH6 that was owned at the time by the Walsh brothers' New Zealand Flying School. The relevant wiki article says the plane was damaged beyond repair in August 1920.

The car looks to me to be a Wills Sainte Claire - But as far as I know the first of them was not built until some time in 1921.

In one shot the car is wearing a sign from Fairlie's Motor Service. They dealt with the some poor roads in the day.  Pictures From The Past - Gisborne Photo News - No 81 : March 23, 1961

nz cars Lew R Gisborne DH6 f.jpg

nz cars Lew R Gisborne DH6.jpg

56 minutes ago, sagefinds said:

It looks a little like a Winton,they were made until 1924.

Thanks for the lead. An answer on the local facebook pages suggested that it may have bene run by Wilkinson's - and from a quick look on paperspast found this reference - Papers Past | Newspapers | Poverty Bay Herald | 11 September 1920 | Page 1 Advertisements Column 2 (natlib.govt.nz)

I think the curved tops on the fenders, rather than flat,  suggests a late teens date?

11 hours ago, JV Puleo said:

I expect it is immediately after WWI, around 1920. The airplane is too sophisticated for 1915 and how many planes were in civilian use before or during the war? After the war there was a flood of ex-military airplanes.

The plane is an Airco DH6 - a 1916 design - Airco DH.6 - Wikipedia

The New Zealand Flying School's sole example was damaged beyond repair in a gale in August 1920 -  New Zealand Flying School - Wikipedia