Stan Reynolds Museum

arcticbuicks

Now that some of you now know about the ultra amazing “Stan Reynolds Museum “ in the tiny town of Wetaskiwin Alberta Canada and the incredible stash of generally unseen cars by the public  …besides the fantastic main museum ……...I was thinking .I should work on seeing if they would do a staff led private tour for our non Canadian friends that have never been there and have them open the storage buildings for us …. 
on a pre set date ?

its easy to fly cheap to Edmonton Alberta …..and a short 1 hour drive in the country to get there .

and “ Banff “ and “jasper “ are close by must see visits if your in the area a couple days.

June -August would be summer weather 

* Reply with a “like” to see how many of us would go for this *

Edited by arcticbuicks (see edit history)
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

The long-running June “History Road” event has been overhauled for 2022 and beyond.

It is now tagged “The Ultimate Car Show”, one day only, Saturday July 9 this year and the same July weekend going forward. 

Warehouse tours were on the program for previous show weekends and a popular feature — here’s hoping they will offered this year as well. 

It's been high on my bucket list for years. A lot of ex Barney Pollard cars are there, bought during his first auction. 

Terry

• Like 1

We thoroughly enjoyed the Reynolds Museum and warehouse tours as part of the Horseless Carriage Club Northern Brass Lights Tour in 2017.  That tour also included Ft Edmonton, a Ukranian village, Elk Island National Park, and two awesome private collections that would knock your socks off!  

If you have a pre-1916 automobile and have not yet participated in a National Tour with the Horseless Carriage Club, you are really missing out.  The HCCA accepts members with 1942 & older vehicles & encourages members with post 1915 vehicles to participate in the many Regional Tours held by their various groups all over the country.

If anyone of you is going to the Annual Convention in Gettysburg, I'll be presenting a seminar on the cars of Scotland. One I'll be talking about was a one-off built in the late 1890s in a small village near where we lived while stationed there in the Navy. I was able to track down some rumors and while putting the story together for the local car club newsletter, I discovered the car still existed- in the Reynolds Museum. The guy who built it immigrated to Canada and took it with him. 

Terry

• Like 1