Stromberg model 0-1

Jeff58

11 hours ago, 13CADDY said:

My 23 light six Studebaker has the same one--nice,easy to rebuild , has a lot going for it---Tom

Actually this in not a Light Six carb…similar though. The Studebaker Light Six has the side draft Stromberg OS-1 for years 1920-through mid 1923 and the updraft OE-1 from mid 1923 through 1924. 

I agree it is a decent carb and runs well but this updraft O-1 is not for a Studebaker but some other brand..

The series "O" became the top of the line passenger carburetor of Stromberg in 1919~1920; and was available in 3 different sizes (O-1, O-2, and O-3). There were also different versions OA, OC, OE, OD, OF, OO, OS, OT, OU, and OX.

Stromberg updraft carburetors

The O-1 was used on a number of different orphans, but never by Studebaker.

Jon

Edited by carbking (see edit history)

I did some checking in my copy of "RADCO Carburetor and Motor Tune-Up Manual" covering 1925 to 1930. I could not find any cars that used the O-1 carburetor. Lots with, for example; OS-1 and a good number with O-2 or O-3. This manual cover most of the full size, more common US cars. There are a few makes missing like Austin and Ford Model T. What size is the passage at the throttle butterfly? I wonder if it could be a jobber replacement, 1 size fits all for same size OE-1? I don't recall the circled part being on my OE-1, but would have to check. So could be for truck or special application.

O-1_LI.jpg