1923 Dodge Brothers touring 4 door convertible - $14,500 (Sterling Heights, MI)  not mine

1923 Dodge Brothers touring 4 door convertible - $14,500 (Sterling Heights, MI)  not mine

https://detroit.craigslist.org/mcb/cto/d/sterling-heights-1923-dodge-brothers/7420725663.html

00u0u_7kEvUJrE6dsz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg00Q0Q_hIlfzJOTUQPz_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

For sale 1923 Dodge Brothers Touring, Convertible sedan 4 door, 3 speed manual transmission, running drive ready, no rust, everything works, start anytime, new top, new ribs in top, new seats front and back, new fenders, new lights, new running boards, new floor boards, new cowl selection, new splash guards behind running boards, all tires excellent w rims,engine transmission excellent, Great running vehicle, 15000$ clean green mi title on hand, don’t text me if you not ready to buy. Maybe I can take trade.
(5867443719)

• Like 4

Nice car, like the wire wheels a lot.  A lot of small things wrong with car.  Top doesn’t fit correctly, and rear attachment to body is wrong, Dodge used a hidden fastening system back curtain to body.  Probably should have cathedral rear windows.  Interior may be vinyl and not leather, hard to tell.  Rough shift lever and steering column hints that under hood may be rough too, did some cosmetics but mechanically may have issues.

Some conjecture on my part I realize, but I think 15k is all the money in the world for what I’m looking at, probably closer to a 10k car.  Dodge is a great andreliable car, but demand is so so for a car that’s comfortable at 35-40 mph.  And yes, I’ve owned a few so know them well….

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

This dodge has been for sale for some time now if I recall.

I looked around for one of these for a long while and was constantly impressed (disappointed) with the prices owners were asking for these cars. The last one I saw go on ebay with no reserve several years ago hit 11K. It was a really nice car, ready to go and correct. I should have snagged it but didn't. All I've seen since are so-so dodge touring's with optimistic prices and owners unwilling to deal much, though they don't actually know much about the car itself.

40 minutes ago, Lahti35 said:

All I've seen since are so-so dodge touring's with optimistic prices and owners unwilling to deal much, though they don't actually know much about the car itself.

Please clarify what you are saying saying. Is this car over-priced and not authentic enough or at least reasonably priced and in reasonably authentic condition?

This is a good example of why most people pass over cars that don’t provide enough pictures and information. No shots of the engine or bottom of the car.  It looks shiny in the pictures, but the steering column and shift lever look terrible.  Combine this with the incorrect top and you have most Dodge Brothers enthusiasts looking elsewhere.  You can find good honest DB tourings of this era for ten to twelve.  Several have been advertised in the club magazine over the last few years.  These low speed 20s era cars are a hard sell these days.  I love them, but not at this price and condition.  But you may get lucky and find someone who wants it, price be damned.  It’s your car and you can ask any price you want.

21 hours ago, f.f.jones said:

Please clarify what you are saying saying. Is this car over-priced and not authentic enough or at least reasonably priced and in reasonably authentic condition?

It falls in line with the other overpriced dodge touring's I've seen that seem to languish in a perpetual state of being for sale. They are neat cars but there seems to be a disconnect between sellers and selling prices, nothing new under the sun.