1963 Lincoln Continental - $16,500 (Sacramento) not mine

1963 Lincoln Continental - $16,500 (Sacramento)

Beautiful driver. New steering, AC, brakes and a whole lot more. I bought it from the original owner 15 years ago and have put a lot of tender loving care into her. Asking $16,500 OBO. Please please please no fake cashiers check lol. Cash only. Serious buyers

https://sacramento.craigslist.org/cto/d/sacramento-1963-lincoln-continental/7423738447.html

01111_jN8adgB2VgUz_0lM0CI_1200x900.jpg

00A0A_gbUK3LXh3KLz_0lM0CI_1200x900.jpg

00W0W_aO2tqdUQF7Xz_0lM0CI_1200x900.jpg

• Like 4

I'll say. Nice car. I do notice a few things. It clearly has the wrong size wheels, hubcaps, likely 15" which was a common change along with the 64-68 era hubcaps. Also one could get the car with woodgrain trim for the steering wheel, shifter, knobs, etc, but the there would be matching walnut trim on the glove box and inset door trim instead of the stainless. The steering column for a black and white trimmed car would have been black, not honey beige. So...methinks the interior came in honey beige, maybe gold rayon/leather bolsters,  instead of the more attractive black and white. And...on this car, the black and white has been flip-flopped as the bolsters and trim should have been white with black seating surfaces. A very attractive car, it would struggle in point judging without a significat infusion of cash but would be a magnificent road car.

Edited by ericmac
Clarification (see edit history)
  • Like 4

I've owned 12 of these over the years and have photographed hundreds of them. After a while you get to know them. I've said publicly that I would never own another then I find myself looking at them again.  In my opinion the best years were '63 and '65, though I know some really like '64. I like them except (again in my view) the '64 grill is ugly. I'd replace it with a '62 grill and have a incorrect,  but pretty car. These are great cars to drive and the styling is great (other than that '64 grill). So long as nobody incompetent has messed with the car they can be quite reliable.  But...start hacking on them and you'll have a real problem.  

• Like 1

My Dad bought a nice used '63 in 1969. A couple of years later I got to drive it quite a bit in h.s. It was a powder blue sedan with sliver blue leather. I usually rode my motorcycles to school, but when it rained I either took the bus or borrowed one of my Dad' s cars. My Dad was a cool guy, he'd often drive the station wagon and leave the Lincoln for me to drive to school. Such a beautiful car, he let me drive it with my permit coming back from Disneyland, I drove for several hours that night while he and my younger brother slept. 

• Like 2