Did you get anything car related for Christmas?

CChinn

1 hour ago, Marty Roth said:

I got a new Jasper transmission for our 384,xxx-mile 2000 Ford 7.3L Diesel Excursion-

It replaces the damaged and out-of-warranty one an AAMCO shop in South Jersey installed during an AACA Divisional Tour, years ago.

Good to Go, once again !

I just did the same a couple of months ago to my '07 Silverado that has a lot more miles on it than your Excursion.  Good truck with no check engine lights or any other warning lights on.

• Like 1

While my wife and I aren’t into exchanging xmas gifts, per se, I got the same/similar, but very personal and practical gift I’ve now received at the end of December for past few years:

A custom designed (by my wife + initially her idea) 12-month wall calendar, each month featuring picture/photos (taken by me) of my Roadster at various cool, interesting, unusual locations/places I or we have been with it throughout that year, i.e. previous (2021) calendar featured photos during 2020 and so on.

It has become something I look forward to every year and enjoy seeing over my desk at the shop year round.

Besides the countless photos for documenting the work on clients cars and components, I also take a lot of photos during my drives/our (vintage road) trips and while most of my shots are somewhat “artistic”, often focused on the background, place or scenery rather than the car itself, I always make sure the car or some portion of it is shown in the pictures as a memento (or proof) that I/we were there with the given car.

Here’s the latest + few from previous years.

5F24B091-64A4-48BC-9219-AA5F44E03F98.jpeg

00A16BB4-0A11-46F1-A5A5-AD76BCEAE52B.jpeg

P.S. My wife creates a calendar for herself also, but for some reason chooses/prefers pictures of the car and me in or with it ???

Edited by TTR (see edit history)
  • Like 3

After 51 years in the hobby, is there anything I get for Christmas that is not car related?  I am especially enjoying this.  I have always been fascinated by this place, though never been there.

EE7DB717-182A-4994-B4F9-597E33385E23.jpeg

• Like 1

On 12/27/2021 at 5:56 PM, CChinn said:

I received these collector car placemats this year for Christmas. I think they were made in the UK around the 1970s. What did you get?

Coincidentally, I have the very same set of mats as CChinn.  I received them as a Christmas gift from my mother in the mid-1980's.

IMG_5970.jpg

• Like 1

On 12/30/2021 at 7:44 PM, Paul Dobbin said:

I got a Pacemaker which got my pulse back up to 70 BPM, now I have more desire for a lot of things, like drive my old cars on cars on clear winter days.

My resting pulse got to 40 in 2000, when I was 52. They placed the first pm then. Just got my shiny new fifth  one in November. One of the units the battery went south so thats why so many, so far.  Did you get the lifetime warranty?😎

just so you will know, the first  placement can be quite painful as your body heals. Subsequent R&Rs go much easier as the pocket is already formed. 

Edited by Studeous
Sin of omission. (see edit history)
  • Like 1

23 hours ago, Akstraw said:

.. and if I thought my family didn’t understand me, this gift showed otherwise:

2C5D57E2-3288-4B6D-9679-620B7CE324CD.jpeg

I was blessed with being born with a work ethic and have been able to reach age 76 after obtaining all 10 of those wishes, 

except #9.   Consulation for that it that I've driven my cars on the Nurburgring,  the Indianapolis speedway, the Daytona

Speedway, the Goodyear test track, the Virginia International Raceway, the York PA Fairgrounds dirt track, Road Atlanta,

and several others.  Plus on our own acrage.   Speed is not the answer, the pleasure of driving antique cars is the answer.