1929 Chrysler 75 Roadster Floor Mat

$um Fun

11 minutes ago, $um Fun said:

Leo, This helps, thanks. From the looks of it, it could be a pyramid pattern possibly. Interesting, its has Chrysler molded in on the passenger side along and a border around it.

Looks to be a diamond pattern to me.

Keiser31, you are correct, after studying the  the picture it does appear to be a diamond pattern. Bloo, thanks for the links!  I doubt anyone makes this pattern, and might need to make it myself. I was hoping I didn't have to go down that path.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Update on the floor mat. I had a chance to see a very low mileage original 1930 77 roadster and it has the same pattern  as used in the running boards, The floor mat had  a boarder and raised lip around it. What's interesting is the trunk mat  is the same pattern, but without the boarder and raised lip.  I believe that all models from 1928 to 1930 would have the same style of floor mat.

• Like 1

The running board pattern is a raised striped version with five small grooves in between the raised area. The reproduction running board mat  that is available isn't correct  doesn't have the small grooves between the raised area. Its just wrong and jumps out at you when you see  them. I think a tool can be made to machine the grooves in. Picture is from the net of the reproduction running board material.

running board rubber.jpeg

• Like 1

On 1/7/2022 at 4:53 PM, $um Fun said:

Update on the floor mat. I had a chance to see a very low mileage original 1930 77 roadster and it has the same pattern  as used in the running boards, The floor mat had  a boarder and raised lip around it. What's interesting is the trunk mat  is the same pattern, but without the boarder and raised lip.  I believe that all models from 1928 to 1930 would have the same style of floor mat.

Is there any chance you can share some photos of the 77 roadster??