For Sale: 1937 Cord Custom Berline - $22,000 - Harrisonburg, VA - Project - Not Mine - Marked "SOLD!" 12-16-21

9 hours ago, ericmac said:

Personally,  if this was my car I would do everything I could to make it run and drive reliably then I would leave the rest of the car alone.  Just imagine the impact this car would make at a local cruise in!

There was a Cord at a pretty big local show a couple of years ago. It was in decent running condition and I think it was for sale but cant remember the asking. Anyway it looked old and tired. My first thought was that someone needs to give this poor car the love it deserves. As discussed elsewhere on the forum this is one of those cars worthy of a restoration. A beat up model A (sorry model A guys) or a 55 chevy maybe, but not a Cord.

• 58L-Y8 changed the title to For Sale: 1937 Cord Custom Berline - $22,000 - Harrisonburg, VA - Project - Not Mine - Marked "SOLD!" 12-16-21
14 minutes ago, 40Clubcoupe said:

This car is marked as SOLD! on craigslist. I hope someone fulfills their dream and we see this car again back to life.  Now I can get back to my life while my retirement account is breathing a sigh of relief.  Boy...that was a lot of temptation.

Thanks for checking.  I too hope it does fulfill a long-time desire to own a Cord 810/812 and proves to be a felicitous experience.   If you are the new owner, please share your experience and progress returning this Cord to life.   Indeed, a major temptation averted!

• 1 year later...
On 12/15/2021 at 9:22 PM, 40Clubcoupe said:

Supercub says "could have been a livery car". I think I remember seeing a Cord used as a livery or taxicab in the  movie "The Shadow", where I believe Peter Boyle was driving around the Shadow, played by Alec Baldwin. I thought at the time "Nah, no one used a Cord as a taxicab".  But maybe that's true. This could have been painted yellow to be used as livery...or then again could just be someone's idea of an attractive shade of yellow.

What's all of stuff hanging from the center windshield post, inside ? 

This is a mighty attractive thing to be so close to me....

FB_IMG_1630891323556.jpg.02c7928baf430ed25360e9ae8316257e.jpgThis car still exists and has been to Auburn Fall reunion last two years after being stored in Northern Michigan for 20 years.