Late 20’s Car for ID

Vintageben

Any help appreciated in identifying this twenties car, some one had identified it as a Dodge Victory Six but I’m not so sure. Photo was taken some where between Sydney and Gunnedah NSW Australia probably late 20’s early 30’s.It was my one of Great Great Grandparents cars. Thanks 

0D67030F-4F82-4D88-A5EF-E9B530CB821D.jpeg

6 hours ago, Vintageben said:

Any help appreciated in identifying this twenties car, some one had identified it as a Dodge Victory Six but I’m not so sure. Photo was taken some where between Sydney and Gunnedah NSW Australia probably late 20’s early 30’s.It was my one of Great Great Grandparents cars. Thanks 

0D67030F-4F82-4D88-A5EF-E9B530CB821D.jpeg

Not a Dodge. Looks more like a Studebaker to me.

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)

If Studebaker, it could be a 1926. The French roof was introduced at that time, but the side lights are not the same. Maybe Studes going to Australia used different side lights... That out of focus hood ornament might be an Atlanta that came to be used in 27 and 28.

Frank

Thanks guys, Studebaker certainly looks like a strong contender. Some interesting things happened in Australia with body styles and side lights etc which can make it a little difficult to identify old cars in photos. Thanks again it’s much appreciated. 

On 12/13/2021 at 7:44 PM, Leif Holmberg said:

Thanks Leif 

yeah that certainly looks like a more likely contender then Studebaker. This great great Grandfather of mine ( Dr William Studdy) had a real love of motoring and apart from his Citroen’s that he absolutely loved and kept for some time, he appears to have chop and change cars/brands on a regular basis. 
Thanks again, Ben