Can't Renew My Membership

cutlasguy

48 minutes ago, TTR said:

Having lurked and posted here for about a year and half now, I too just joined. 🥺 

P.S. Contrary to what others may have experienced, IMO signing up online was very easy/simple.

P.P.S. I realize this may seem like a strange request, but if the membership includes some print magazines/newsletters, how can I opt out of receiving them ?

It's just that I probably don't have time to read most, if any, and don't wish to have club wasting postage or having myself to deal with recycling them.

Some of the clubs I'm a member of keep sending theirs, even after multiple request to stop, while others offer an option for online newsletters, which are easier and environmentally friendlier to dispose of by just hitting the delete button on my computer.

• Like 2

I too am in a whole raft of car clubs, and get buried in magazines and newsletters. A few clubs offer an "online only" option and post the magazine in a members-only area, so I can still read it if and when I get time. I wish everybody did that.

So yes, you COULD opt out of receiving the magazine and yes we have the digital version online here at aaca.org.  We certainly recommend getting the magazine and leaving it after you are done at a doctor's office or the like.  We got a member yesterday from that scenario.  However, the option is yours and if you are a member and do not wish to receive the magazine contact Karen at 717-534-1910.

• Like 1

When Steve M. stated that customer service isn't easy to find these days, it was the understatement of the year! I made an appointment a week ago at Firestone to have my snow tires put on my daily driver. They are mounted on rims and would have taken 10 minutes to install them on the car. Today I show up for my appointment, and guess what? My regular counter guy was out and his replacement couldn't find my appointment in the computer. So instead of asking me to give him a half hour and he would fit me in, his response was "sorry. you'll just have to make another appointment! 'I'm a regular customer who has spent thousands on my three cars there and all I'm asking for is a ten minute job" I pleaded, to no avail! He had seen me before many times , as they regularly service my two antiques as well as my daily driver, so I'm no stranger to him,but that inconsiderate moron couldn't see fit to correct a mistake that was their fault and not mine! I vowed to never enter that facility again if he's there, as he seemed to care less about customer satisfaction! I had other obligations today that I had to bypass for that appointment! How would he have felt if I hadn't shown up or called?

Edited by cutlasguy (see edit history)

• 2 weeks later...