1932 Chrysler - $9,500 (La Mesa)

Would this be a CD series?

cd1.jpg.5d7fc6d16691415dac2a1459171391a2.jpgcd2.jpg.99c3082da2a385866ce75bcec7f6a08c.jpgcd3.jpg.31fd2a2edb188831350a6fd0e1cc72c3.jpgcd4.jpg.8bc7b0fc2d0d8703b972b07b15e64cc3.jpgcd5.jpg.c62804b4bba3c907223f1508ce26271e.jpgcd6.jpg.be0008ecd31dbcf456e737b6df52d2a4.jpgcd7.jpg.b0c136a99d61ac7ef13278201f9a6c5a.jpg

https://sandiego.craigslist.org/esd/cto/d/la-mesa-000antique-auto-1932-chrysler/7405362192.html

Top of the line 1932 Chrysler needing a ground up restoration. Nice car to restore, no rust, no damage to body, dings etc. on fenders. 95% complete. Rolling chasis, body, engine. Two transmissions, one with overdrive, many chromed parts, some new or rebuilt parts, extra parts. 8 cylinder top of Chrysler line. Nice big body and long hood, dual sidemounts, mirrors, tail lights, cowl lights. Four door sedan. A great car to restore.

Bill (619) 465-3066

Edit:  Yes, I thought this car looked familiar.  A quick search shows I posted an earlier ad for the same car:

The only thing that surprises me is how quickly I can forget this stuff!  :lol:

a7.jpg

a8.jpg

a12.jpg

Edited by GregLaR (see edit history)

6 hours ago, TAKerry said:

but I would imagine this would bring a nice price when finished.

It would need to bring a good price to recoup your investment. I'm no expert but I think one would have to take this on because you loved bringing an old car back to life and not as an investment. If you had a parts car setting around it would be a huge help. 

• Like 1

This is a nice car to restore, but one would need patience, because the missing parts are hard to find. Also, I noticed since the ads in March, it lost both of it's bumpers, and there is no mention of them in the Craigslist ad. If they are gone, that is a huge loss, as they will be expensive and elusive. He mentions in the ad also that this is a CH model, which it is not. It is a CP. These are beautiful cars when properly done, and I hope it doesn't end up as a street rod.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, 24Chry48 said:

This is a nice car to restore, but one would need patience, because the missing parts are hard to find. Also, I noticed since the ads in March, it lost both of it's bumpers, and there is no mention of them in the Craigslist ad. If they are gone, that is a huge loss, as they will be expensive and elusive. He mentions in the ad also that this is a CH model, which it is not. It is a CP. These are beautiful cars when properly done, and I hope it doesn't end up as a street rod.

Perhaps someone saw the ad that needed a set of bumpers. Bam! sold to a ready buyer and now the next guy with this car has to worry about it. Somewhat related, I saw an ad from a guy that was parting out a car identical to mine. When I called him about a specific part I need his response was that he wanted one person to buy the whole thing? Not sure he understood what parting out meant.

• Like 2