Feedback and decode of this build sheet, and cowl tag

ericisback

• ericisback changed the title to Feedback and decode of this build sheet, and cowl tag
24 minutes ago, TexRiv_63 said:

Can't help with decode but that is the best looking build sheet I have ever seen! Where was it located?

I don't know.  It had already been removed and stored with the cars documents when the car was purchased by the current owner.

• Like 1

What you read as F8 is actually FB = Fisher Body; your Fisher Body number is 45549

CORRECTION - FB indicates the plant the car was made in; FB = Flint, Michigan

12A = Month Week of manufacturer so first week of Dec (*)

ST 65 - 49447

65 = 1965 Model

4 = Buick

49 = Riviera

47 = 2 door

TR(im) 618 = Black

Paint ZZ = Silver Cloud (body and top)

E = EZI Glass - All

X = Power Windows except Vent Windows

T = 4-Way Power Seat (Bucket)

S = Automatic Trunk Release

2K = A/C

2R = Rear Seat Speaker

3T = Rear Seat Arm Rest

4F = Remote Mirror

5W = Seat Belts with Retractor

(*) – you should have the small sized “Gran Sport” script on the fender and trunk vice the larger script that customers wanted - see attached.

This change occurred in late December (week 2 or 3 I think) 

Yours and mine share nearly all the same options

20190907_154254.jpg

20190907_154326.jpg

444497910_CloseUpofDataTag.jpg.629f6ba26cc397ac71aaa974246445f3.jpg

Edited by Craig Balzer
Provide correct info re "FB" (see edit history)
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Craig Balzer said:

What you read as F8 is actually FB = Fisher Body; your Fisher Body number is 45549

12A = Month Week of manufacturer so first week of Dec (*)

(*) – you should have the small sized “Gran Sport” script on the fender and truck vice the larger script that customers wanted

I had to blow this up from a photo of the entire car:

F9140643-86E6-40D5-A6BE-3DF6085519C4.JPG

9 minutes ago, Pat Curran said:

You can go on the ROA website and decode a 1963-1965 data plate.  It is all illustrated for you.

I think the info you mention must be in the members area.  I joined the ROA, but I haven't received my login info yet?!?

The information you’re after is in the members only section but the decoding chart is not “locked.”  FYI - the Fisher Bodyppate is stamped only with options that were installed in the Fisher Body plant - the other options that were installed when the body was married to the chassis or during final assembly are not stamped into the plate.  Your build sheet, once deciphered, will tell you a lot more than the data plate. Nice find.

6 minutes ago, RivNut said:

The information you’re after is in the members only section but the decoding chart is not “locked.”  FYI - the Fisher Bodyppate is stamped only with options that were installed in the Fisher Body plant - the other options that were installed when the body was married to the chassis or during final assembly are not stamped into the plate.  Your build sheet, once deciphered, will tell you a lot more than the data plate. Nice find.

Can you help me find a link to the decoding chart?  I can't seem to find it.  Sorry to be such a pain!  Also, I signed up for membership, but I didn't receive any login info?!?

RivNut, I tried to PM you, but I haven't been a member here long enough to receive PM'img privileges.

Edited by ericisback (see edit history)

5 minutes ago, ericisback said:

Can you help me find a link to the decoding chart?  I can't seem to find it.  Sorry to be such a pain!  Also, I signed up for membership, but I didn't receive any login info?!?

RivNut, I tried to PM you, but I haven't been a member here long enough to receive PM'img privileges.

Just go to the ROA site and click on “evolution and stats” on the top left side of the page, then follow the menu.  As Ed stated, it’s not blocked and open to all.

Edited by Pat Curran
Update content (see edit history)

8 minutes ago, 1965rivgs said:

The Fisher Body plate info is not in the password protected "members only" section. Evolution and stats is above the members only section on the ROA website

Tom Mooney

Found it, thanks!  Now, just need to find out about the build sheet codes...

1 hour ago, RivNut said:

Tom,

I only find the 63 - 65 Fisher Body Plate Codes in the beige member’s only section in the ‘Articles From the Riview’ link. In which link to you find it in the burgundy colored links? 

As Pat indicated, put your cursor over "Evolution and Stats" in the burgundy colored section, and choose "1963-65 Fisher Body Plate Codes" and left click.

Tom

• Like 1