1989 and 1990 TCs for sale cheap

Well I have finally come to a decision on my two TCs. Here's the run down:

My White 1990 Needs the Teves brakes system replaced as the electric motor on it seized up. I've spent way too much time trying to source parts to do the booster conversion with no luck. She runs just fine, starts up easy, burns a little oil and the convertible top has issues with the rear window. Body is solid, a couple of bubble spots with rust but no holes.

The Burgundy 1989 - Body is spotless, one small mouse hole in the convertible top. The problem is there is a rattle in the top end, sounds like under the valve cover. I talked to a couple of mechanics that were surprisingly familiar the these motors, they rattled of a list of possible issues, cam followers, lifters... and others I don't remember. Teves system is fine but passenger front caliper needs replacing.

I can send these to the bone crusher and get $275 each. I will part with both, package deal for $700.

If I get no takers I will be stripping them down and selling parts, but I REALLY don't want to go that route. I would hardly have time to do the repairs on these much less part out, package and ship parts...

Hopefully this link to pics of these cars works..
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131873096@N02/albums/72157715250506061

4 hours ago, Mad_Bohemian said:

Well I have finally come to a decision on my two TCs. Here's the run down:

My White 1990 Needs the Teves brakes system replaced as the electric motor on it seized up. I've spent way too much time trying to source parts to do the booster conversion with no luck. She runs just fine, starts up easy, burns a little oil and the convertible top has issues with the rear window. Body is solid, a couple of bubble spots with rust but no holes.

The Burgundy 1989 - Body is spotless, one small mouse hole in the convertible top. The problem is there is a rattle in the top end, sounds like under the valve cover. I talked to a couple of mechanics that were surprisingly familiar the these motors, they rattled of a list of possible issues, cam followers, lifters... and others I don't remember. Teves system is fine but passenger front caliper needs replacing.

I can send these to the bone crusher and get $275 each. I will part with both, package deal for $700.

If I get no takers I will be stripping them down and selling parts, but I REALLY don't want to go that route. I would hardly have time to do the repairs on these much less part out, package and ship parts...

Hopefully this link to pics of these cars works..
https://www.flickr.com/photos/131873096@N02/albums/72157715250506061

that is so sad to hear...please do not send them to the scrapper - that would be a shame...put them up on ebay; that is the best route in my opinion

Wow, more interest in these than what I expected so here's what I am going to do.  I took some videos this morning of cold startups on both cars, when the video is done uploading I will post a link here. If you are interested in one or both (would rather do a package deal but I guess I could split them up) message me your offer. I won't disclose offers to other interested parties so there won't be any bidding war, so to speak. I would rather sell to someone from this forum who appreciates these cars and I know they'll get a good home :D

OK guys, update on the fiasco that is currently my life....

Apparently I was unaware of how much my wife likes the Burgundy TC. When I told her of my plans she was, well, I'll just say less than enthused, so as of now the 89 is off the table. My apologies to those that were interested.
On a good note, I took the hardtop off the White TC and found that I have done a stellar job of keeping the mice at bay!! :D The top is spotless with NO HOLES!! 👍 the one issue (that has been since day one of ownership) is the two arms that swing the window up and into place are missing. It also has the tool kit complete with the original gloves, anyways I think they are original. I've included some pics of the hardtop windows as well. Not too bad actually, the only 'bubbling' is around the perimeter.

I have the cover for the hard top, I also took pics of the upgraded sound system/amps/sub in the trunk. Everything for updated sound system can easily be removed leaving you with a stock TC with everything intact.

pics can be seen here https://flic.kr/s/aHsmPEcA5D

• Ronnie changed the title to 1989 and 1990 TCs for sale cheap

At this point is looks like 90' White TC is spoken for and 89' is staying  in the herd (which is now a herd of 1 :P ). Thank you all for your interest and recommendations via pm's.  To those that expressed interest in the 89', if anything changes in the future I will PM you. Thanks again.