Let's brainstorm some alternatives to the tin can on a string for the golfcart folks!

md murray

I think it may help get rid of some golf cart/scooter traffic if some kind of transport was reinstituted between fields or opposite ends of fields. I still can walk fine but just not as far as I could 50 years ago. I made trips to all the fields but the more distance ones I only covered small amounts before I needed to head back to my spot in the lower chocolate because I needed to save enough energy for the trip back. If I could walk to a main isle and grab a ride too a distant spot I could walk for a couple of hours and then grab a ride back, drop off close to where I need to get back too. I'm sure those walking in from a distant parking spot have the same problem. One of my flea market neighbors has come with his daughter for many years. She told me he said he may have to break down and get a scouter in another year or so because he can't see much of the market anymore, he is 93. She dropped him off at a couple of spots in the chocolate with her car, and let him walk back. 

I’m a disabled vet with braces on both legs. I have the blue handicap placards for the car. Many times I don’t park in a handicap spot if a close by spot is available as I am somewhat mobile thinking someone in a chair could use that space more than me, only to watch some seemingly healthy person pull in and walk to the store. The problem is the placards are being handed out like candy. Steve is right their hands are tied. One possible way to control it is a rule that pre-registration is required for all carts AND proof of handicap privileges by the state registration number is provided for a cart to be on the grounds. No proof of the handicap, no cart allowed. All placards and handicap plates have a handicap registration number. For those that don’t pre-register (only due to them being special people in their own minds and don’t have to follow rules) an inconvenient (yes inconvenient )registration area could be set up to allow them to show proof for the handicap use. Again a pain for the region to do but it may make the majority enjoy the meet more and be a win win. 
I personally do not think it fair for me to go to Hersey with my disability. Not being able to walk the grounds makes me think that way as I would never use a cart in a crowed situation like a swap meet. That is a personal choice and in no means do I think I should impose my thoughts on other disabled people. I just don’t like the ones that take unfair advantage on those that truly need those privileges. 
dave s 

Edited by SC38DLS (see edit history)

23 hours ago, Restorer32 said:

I believe that fellow, a dealer of long standing, suffered a serious stroke on the show field and was taken to Hershey Medical Center.  Had nothing to do with golf carts.

Not what we were told. Also why would you need 2 police officers and a detective? Or the witnesses? Probably never know the true story, but I believe that's two different events. I did see the ambulance and show ambulances at two other events. Those were distant from us. 

Earl

• 3 weeks later...