Looking for 1969 LeSabre interior pics

Tothna1

A friend of mine just bought a 69 LeSabre convertible and he'd like to get the seats re-covered.  I'm trying to help him find the right fabric if that's even possible but I can't even find a good shot of what the interior is supposed to look like.  The seats in the car are cloth with a pattern of small squares.  I don't know if that's the original fabric but even if it is, it's so faded it's hard to figure out what it's supposed to look like.  Does anyone have a good picture of the interior for a 69 LeSabre convertible?  His is blue.

Thanks  

If you can find a good sales brochure of the '69 Buicks, there should be some pictures of the interiors and the name of the fabrics and vinyls in each interior.  Finding a complete 1969 Buick Order Guide should have actual swatches of the fabrics and vinyls, too.  A trim shop that has the old fabric catalogs for the 1969 Buicks would also have actual swathes and "part numbers" for the fabric and vinyls they used to order them back then, too.

On the www.eatondetroitspring.com website, when you get to the look-up page for the car, at the rh end of that drop-down menu is a link for a sales brochure for the car.

Just some thoughts,

NTX5467

Edited by NTX5467 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

@Tothna1From this sales catalog:

20210819_123654.jpg

There are 4 possibilities which depends on the model of the LeSabre. There are these 3 of which the first seems to be for a standard Le Sabre while the other two appear to be for a Le Sabre Custom:

20210819_124043.jpg

And this is the 4th one which is labeled as a Custom Expanded Vinyl.

20210819_123939.jpg

• Thanks 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 9/13/2021 at 12:44 PM, rocketraider said:

Wouldn't a convertible have had vinyl seating? 

You're right, Glenn:  A convertible would have vinyl seats.

Technically, vinyl is a fabric, as I've heard it referred to as "vinyl fabric."

But for someone who doesn't know, your statement might

save a newcomer from doing the wrong thing!