1949 Buick Super Restoration project

I have a 49 Sedanette, and am impressed by your radio (single station selection bar) and the windshield washer bottle. For me, the front end is a great design, one of the best of all time.

I agree with above advice to do a little at least several days each week. You’ll avoid burnout and make steady progress. Can you post the information found on the data plate? It will tell you where it was made, the number of that model you car was in the sequence built in that factory, color. Also, note the engine number by the distributor. I removed the dash in my 49 to have it painted and found date stamps on the instruments - FEB 49. This aligned with the body number, engine serial number and and other clues. This detective work is fun and rewarding.

On 9/21/2021 at 10:38 PM, Model56s said:

I have a 49 Sedanette, and am impressed by your radio (single station selection bar) and the windshield washer bottle. For me, the front end is a great design, one of the best of all time.

I agree with above advice to do a little at least several days each week. You’ll avoid burnout and make steady progress. Can you post the information found on the data plate? It will tell you where it was made, the number of that model you car was in the sequence built in that factory, color. Also, note the engine number by the distributor. I removed the dash in my 49 to have it painted and found date stamps on the instruments - FEB 49. This aligned with the body number, engine serial number and and other clues. This detective work is fun and rewarding.

Here it is

12.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I realize that upholstery and trim jobs usually done in the end of restoration, but I don't want to loose any time while waiting for my spot in a heated garage, so I can continue bodywork.

So here is more upholstery/trim work done.

Back seat base trim 

8.jpg

• Like 1

Then I tried my idea of how I want door panels to look like.

Original panels were held in place with some sort of nails, so I decided to simplify it, and use these wire clips, that I have left over from previous jobs

2.jpg

1.jpg

3.jpg

• Like 2