1935 Hudson Custom 8 Brougham

Thanks, Its very desirable to have all the glass back in the car!   Glass riser and vent window assembly in the drivers door.  And those Hudson "disappearing vents" work flawlessly with new rubber now.   And putting some colour back on the car (close to original on this car by samples found) sure helps too.   A pair of quite nice original horns was a fine find on eBay.   Chroming pieces in great need and some proper argent paint back on the grille insert and the hood venting helped too.   Do have a repro crank hole cover (not shown) now.   Hardest thing to come by was stainless trim missing on the grille shell edge when I purchased the car.   Oh and one of the deluxe wing trim stampings on the inside window trims had to be sourced from Australia.

And that's why we call this a hobby, right?

1935 Hudson 016.JPG

35HC8TrBr_showroom.jpg

2 hours ago, Walt G said:

thank you for sharing the photos of your magnificent car, absolutely wonderful to know that one even exists!

Thanks, Walt.  The '34-35 Custom 8s weren't big sellers in the Depression.   There are some 7 window sedans around with this long, 124" wheelbase but not many.   The 5-window Brougham bodies (no quarter window) like mine, must have had trouble finding buyers.   I'm not aware that any of the '34s C8 Broughams are extant.   I believe just 4 or 5 of the '35 version have survived in "assorted" condition.   When found in California, it had to come home to Texas.  This is the Model HHU, and there was no "Custom" series after this year.

Pix

As found in storage.  

Factory photo

60091202-770-0@2X.jpg

DPL.jpg

• Like 1