Interesting Hub Puller

Graham Man

I've not seen one with those arms before.

I have an almost identical one to this but mine has the 'normal' arms, three of them, that have a foot with a hole to secure them to a wheel stud.

It is missing an important piece to work.

Most often those "Ford" arms came as a seperate accessory kit or in the big red box puller  kit (Snapon)that had enough stuff to work on pulling just about any drum. Extra arms,lug nuts of many sizes ,knock off pullers of all sizes and end caps for the axle thread .

The arms are made to grip a  grove or exterior ring  on the tapered drum hub of most Fords from the 1928 Model A and up to 1938.

The mid 30s Fords you can remove just the hub cap and leave the wheel mounted.

Sqweeze the 2 arms together to grip the hub..then there is a yoke clamp thing with screw that goes over the outside of arms and inbetween the two protrusions on each arm and clamped tight to keep them clamped on the hub..

The tighten the puller...etc.

I guess you can fudge a clamp?

I sold this/my like new snapon puller ,full 65 lb box set 8 years ago $xxx.00 to a young fellow in lower Maine. 

For some reason I still have the instruction paper or it was a duplicate?

0516211842.jpg

• Like 3

I wondered that also, but, looking at the top part of the leg, up in the circular cup area, no way could those legs be installed the other way (with the grabby part of the bottom facing inward).🤔