Reasonably-Priced Car Cover Recommendations

carbdoc

I need new car covers for two of my cars (1970 Chrysler 300, 1976 Olds Cutlass Salon).  These are decent cars (1 HPOF, 1 DPC) that live under a carport and have historically been covered  with soft California Car Cover Stormweave covers (IIRC --- CCCC names have all changed now).  If you have looked at the current prices on CCCC 😵, you will understand why I am posting this query. 

So:  has anyone had a good experience with any affordable soft outdoor car covers for big cars such as these . . . covers that are NOT made of scratchy, plastic-y dropcloth-type material?

Jeff

Jeff, one good way to save money on car covers

is to get a "standard" cover from one of the suppliers.

It may come in one of 5 sizes, but is not custom-sewn

for your particular car.  You tell the company what

car you have, and they will look up which standard

cover is supposed to fit your car.

I just watched the video  in the the general forum that is titled "Amazing Collection" 

The guy takes us thru what he calls 'the garage' later in the video.

It would appear that they were using those very light painters plastic sheets to cover some very expensive cars.

Probably OK if there is no moisture involved.

I think they are supposed to be disposable so probably cheap. (inexpensive)

Sometimes you do get what you pay for. Compare the cost savings between the CCCC covers and any alternative cheaper ocvers vs the cost of rust repair/repaint. How long did the CCCC covers you currently have last? How much extra is it per year for a known quality ? How much of a riak taker are you?

• Like 2