A543 3.0 5 speed manual trans “case only”

This is a rare opportunity to score a 5 speed manual transmission “case only” that can be mated to the 3.0 Mitsubishi engine found in the TC’s. The a543 uses the same internals as the 90-94 a523, a568 but the case bolts to a 3.0. I’ve always wanted to see this swap done to a TC as it would unleash tons of performance and reliability from a 3.0 TC. The case will be bare and cleaned in the coming days ahead. This is a very hard to find transmission and it won’t last long.

Price $100 firm again it will be a bare case that will require a doner a523 or a568 for internal parts. 009A56D9-79F2-4434-AF79-DDF6E51088D5.jpeg.c5c615f050e565e45d09c1cdf49b4483.jpeg6B3EF0E0-87F2-4931-B473-2FCC15208BBC.jpeg.ece1887befd97bc30b80a7d56ca69d86.jpeg

This is basically a generic transaxle that fits the 3.0L engine in all FWD Chrysler product of that era. Except for possibly the length, shift cables are interchangeable as well as clutch components. 
A conversion from an automatic transaxle to this manual 5 speed is precisely similar to the conversion I did on my 1989 TC.

Converted to 5 speed (A555) 

http://www.allpar.com/model/tc.html

Edited by Hemi Dude
Removed last line in message. (see edit history)

They came in only Shadows and Daytonas. 90-91 will be small spline 3.50 or 3.85 final drive. 92+ will be large spline 3.77 final drive. The 92 is the one you want if you can find it. They are close to extinct at this point. You’ll need J/K/Van shifter assembly and pedals. Also to note you might want to grab the SBEC as the tune is slightly different between manual and auto. If you use an auto cal with a manual trans the rpm will stay higher during shifting, and higher idle. Not the end of the world it’s still drivable I’ve had to run that way before. 

2 hours ago, Turbo Kane said:

They came in only Shadows and Daytonas. 90-91 will be small spline 3.50 or 3.85 final drive. 92+ will be large spline 3.77 final drive. The 92 is the one you want if you can find it. They are close to extinct at this point. You’ll need J/K/Van shifter assembly and pedals. Also to note you might want to grab the SBEC as the tune is slightly different between manual and auto. If you use an auto cal with a manual trans the rpm will stay higher during shifting, and higher idle. Not the end of the world it’s still drivable I’ve had to run that way before. 

Yes, I can agree, the performance is excellent with the 5 speed behind a 3.0L, we have one; BAFBDBD0-90A0-4B13-8AC2-BA9ACA95CBF6.jpeg.95d83ac05e1e509c2aac8d1f1e54697f.jpeg

• Like 2

This is a great upgrade for the 3.0 cars. I did this manual swap in my old 94 Caravan and it was night and day. Better performance, better fuel economy, and that was in a heavy minivan. I considered doing this with my TC, but I'm actually on the lookout for a V6 5-speed Dodge Shadow convertible, leaving the TC stock and original.