1916 Skiff

West Peterson

The portholes on the OP appear to be vents with a 1/2cup capturing air into the engine bay. The whole scene suggest a high end car, she has an air about her, the boxer, etc, I'm trying to discern what appears to be on cowl next to mans right elbow? Appears car has mudflap on front edge of driver rear fender, but not on opposite side? Hubcaps close match to the Crane-Simplex, perhaps a custom body by Holbrook, upsweep fore and aft on rear fenders. About 120" WB. Grasping at straws here!

• Like 1

While I had heard of the Crane-Simplex cars, I had no idea they were so rare and high-end until I read today their Wikipedia article. With such a limited production circa 1919/20, I wonder how many survive. This quote is from Wiki "The Crane-Simplex, built in New York, was among the most expensive, largest, most powerful, and well-built luxury cars of the early twentieth century. They were owned by only the wealthiest socialites and entrepreneurs of the time and built by the best coachbuilders in the U.S. Only 121 examples were made."

Edited by Gunsmoke (see edit history)

I worked on a Simplex Crane a while back. It is a lot of car and agree it is high-end. The body could very well be mounted and modified from a Simplex-Crane chassis. Dandy Dave!