1938 Dodge 4dr $8,500 C/L Duluth, MN 43,000 Miles.

Here's a link to a very nice looking '38 Dodge 4dr that's for sale on C/L in Duluth. I don't think that the $8,500 asking price seems too bad. I see that it has a very presentable interior, an original radio and an interesting looking accessory front bumper guard. The seller has additional things that he will be listing in the future as he is liquidating his father's collection. He mentioned '25 and '27 Chevrolets, and model TT and AA trucks:

1938 dodge - cars & trucks - by owner - vehicle automotive sale (craigslist.org)

00H0H_9HBY7X65Fh1z_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

00b0b_fqGYsiQgQikz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

00c0c_dagxNESguqgz_0lM0t2_1200x900.jpg

Edited by Hudsy Wudsy (see edit history)
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, TerryB said:

Seems like a good deal at that price.

I think so too, but I thought Id let the group decide. I didn't care for the color initially, but find now that it has grown on me. I almost drove up to Duluth this weekend (a two and a half hour drive from Mpls) to look at it, but I decided that the last old car that I buy should be something a little more upscale. I have an overdrive out of a '37 or '38 Chrysler that I've been hanging on to which would make this Dodge all that sweeter, but I'm not sure whether I'm ready to part with it. The seller mentioned that his father had some areas on the top or hood touched up or resprayed professionally. It doesn't show in the photos, so maybe it's acceptable. I'll mention that guys who know Chrysler products, are always fond of Dodges because they come with Stromberg carburetors which are always preferable to the Carter Ball and Balls.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, kingrudy said:

As the car currently lives in "many-snow-da-" a little history of the car is necessary and pics of the undercarriage. I have heard that they tend to use salt in the winter there. 

I've lived here all of my life, but I can't tell you when salt began to be used. In my experience, prewar cars seemed to have escaped the damage that later cars suffered, but rust is always something to be on the lookout for.

• Like 1