The Savoy Automobile Museum

nickelroadster

The Savoyautomobile Museum in Cartersville GA is scheduled to open sometime this fall.  They are just finishing up a brand new building for it.  I work at another museum (The museum company has two other museums) here and have been a little skeptical about the wisdom of building a new car museum.  I hope it will fly but I don't think I would invest my money in it.  Wish them well.  If anyone is interested I could post a picture of the facility.

Nickelroadster

Edited by nickelroadster (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Looks like the building was funded by Google or Intel...........sure hope that is someone’s well funded toy shop. Just the monthly electric bill would bankrupt most 501C3’s . Dave, give me a buzz tomorrow. Best, Ed.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, edinmass said:

Looks like the building was funded by Google or Intel...........sure hope that is someone’s well funded toy shop. Just the monthly electric bill would bankrupt most 501C3’s . Dave, give me a buzz tomorrow. Best, Ed.

That is a nice building!  

3d-view-17.jpg

Edited by alsancle (see edit history)
  • Like 1

Nice is an understatement............looks like 15 Million plus.....could go 25 depending on buildout. I expect land there is not very expensive.

• Like 1

I've been reading through some info on this and it appears to be a part of a larger corporation of various history and art museums.  What I've seen is pretty amazing.  Found the below story of how they chose the name on their Facebook page and thought it was interesting.  

WHAT’S IN A NAME - Once the decision was made to build an automobile museum, a unique, meaningful name was needed. Initial surveys did not produce a clear winner; but as the process of clearing the land began there it was. Uncovered in the middle of the wooded 35-acre site were the rusty remains of a 1954 Plymouth Savoy. Taking this as an omen, Savoy Automobile Museum was born. The namesake Savoy has been preserved and will return to tell its story as part of the Museum's landscape. Every car has a story, and we intend to tell those stories beginning in the fall of 2021.

• Like 2

If it's as impressive in real life as that artist's rendering, it's going to be one beautiful museum! 

It will be interesting to see what caliber cars will be displayed.  As commented before on another thread, one can have a lot of money and still not spend it wisely......

• Like 1