WTB 1937 wipers

Bpowell

I have some that were sold to me as being for a 1937 Roadmaster. They aren't. They are for a Special or Century, from what I can see. I have all except for the arms & blades: Chrome stands in beautiful condition, wiper transmission links, and I can come up with a pair of wiper blades. I paid $100 and would like to get that for them.

Pete Phillips, BCA #7338

Leonard, TX

Those are not correct for a 1937 Buick Special either.

Here is a link to Gary's car before he started his restoration;

If you look at the third picture you will see the wiper doesn't have a flange. I'm sure later in his efforts you can find close up pictures of the wiper mounts.

Carl

Edited by 1937-44
additional information. (see edit history)

Those appear to be 1938 40-60 series wiper transmissions to me. I don't know exactly what the 1938 larger series wiper transmissions look like, but they are a different part number from the smaller series ones. It is always possible that they look the same but are larger, so I could be wrong about the series for these, but I am sure they are for 1938. I am not sure if they will fit on a 1937 or not. 

The ones on my 37 40 series never had the flange either.

Mine are away getting rechromed right now so I can't offer any pics.

Bob's Automobilia lists the same wiper tower pad for 37 & 38,  40 & 60 series.

They may very well be the same shape at the base but the whole body may not be the same shape?

12 hours ago, 1937McBuick said:

The ones on my 37 40 series never had the flange either.

Mine are away getting rechromed right now so I can't offer any pics.

Bob's Automobilia lists the same wiper tower pad for 37 & 38,  40 & 60 series.

They may very well be the same shape at the base but the whole body may not be the same shape?

While Bob's lists the same wiper tower pad for 1937 and 1938 40 & 60 series, I can tell you that they don't fit a 1938 wiper transmission. When I tried to use them on my 1938 Model 61, the rubber pads both tore, as they could not stretch out large enough to fit on the 1938 transmissions. 

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, MCHinson said:

While Bob's lists the same wiper tower pad for 1937 and 1938 40 & 60 series, I can tell you that they don't fit a 1938 wiper transmission. When I tried to use them on my 1938 Model 61, the rubber pads both tore, as they could not stretch out large enough to fit on the 1938 transmissions. 

Good to know,  I wonder if Steele Rubber lists them as separate part numbers.

Steele sells one part to fit 1937 and 1938 40-60 series wiper transmissions. It might fit 1937, but the ones that I purchased certainly did not fit 1938 wiper transmissions.