Premium fuels

Been quiet on the site lately, so here's something to debate. What would be the best fuel to use in the TC. Of course premium fuel is recommended, my question concerns the detergent quality of various fuels. I use Shell V- Power NiTRO+. What do you guys think?

The engine computer should compensate for lower grade fuels. If you constantly open up the turbo then premium is really what you should run. Why let the computer diminish performance from using regular (unless no problem is detected, such as a higher octane regular grade than some people can get) when you want to experience 'spirited' driving excitement. I ran regular in my V6 car and never noticed a difference on the rare occasion I put in premium but I did mostly in town driving with the occasional highway onramp, but with no turbo and an engine that runs very cool by design I didn't expect any difference.

V6 cars don't need premium. They don't gain ANY power by running it. The turbo cars *can* gain performance *IF* you are using it hard. 

Yes, you can get better fuel economy with "regular". Keep in mind that higher octane burns slower, so technically it is less "energetic". 

As for what fuels to run for keeping the best running...I know that Chevron Techron has (or had) a BG additive pack in it and it does work very well. 

Keep in mind, the gasoline you get at ANY pump (except Shell, they have their own tanks) ALL comes from the exact same tanks! The ONLY difference is the little bottle of "secret sauce" each company provides. 

OK guys, I like Hemi I buy the cheapest gas I can (regular) find. Highway speed 65-75 I get 30 mpg. Once a year I put a can or bottle of Chevron "Techtron" in. At over 200k miles (bought new) still runs great. I have seen Melcher, CHS, and other gas hullers fill the tanks at all major gas stations. So it's a crap shoot where you buy it anyway.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, Plumbinguy said:

Considered that, lack the time though.

You might just be able to "ask Google". I haven't ever tried that, but it could be worth a shot. There HAS to be a major depot that services your area. Maps might even help.

7 hours ago, Garnet & Gold said:

I have been using Wawa for my mowers and TC's.  They have a blue pump that contains no corn and it runs about $.25 per gallon higher than the regular.  Wawa may only be in the south east US.

Wawa was originally a Northeast thing from what I remember...Maryland, Pennsylvania area. I was shocked to see them down south when they first popped up.

• 1 month later...