1933 Pierce Arrow Engine

Looks to be freshly painted.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/1933-Pierce-Arrow-V-12-Engine-/233924045221

Mostly complete engine from a parts car. Motor was cleaned and painted, otherwise it’s as removed. Nice carbs and manifolds. Starter, generator, water pump, distributor, oil cooler, etc. NO oil lines, filter, or fuel pump. Car was having some restoration work done so I assume at the time the engine was thought to be good. It did sit for many years in bad storage. Buyer organizes shipping/pickup.

PierceArrow12Engine.jpg

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BucketofBolts said:

Almost $10,000 for the engine alone? Assume not many potential buyers to bid on this item. 

Seeing that manifolds will run you 3k, and carburetors another 3500,  the price is reasonable. Water jacket covers are 1200. Good cast iron heads 4K. If you have a V-12 with a blowen motor it’s a good place to start. There are a LOT of parts in a Pierce 12. More than you can imagine, and just finding correct hardware can run you 1500-2000. I agree that buyers are slim. Since this is owned by a friend, and I was in business with him for over 20 years.......I can confirm a V-12 engine assembly sale every three or four years for car.......lots more for trucks.

Edited by edinmass (see edit history)
  • Like 1

If I only agreed with my Broker and purchased those damn Bitcoins at $700 a coin  and kept them I could have sold them today at over $56,000 paid the taxes and purchased this well made 1933 Pierce Arrow engine, a body to go with it and a driver. Out of all years made 1933 has in my opinion the best body design for this manufacturer. Sadly, I went the wrong route and passed on the Bitcoin.  

1 hour ago, bdc said:

There floated a Packard V12 engine around on ebay for a while with a buy it now price of $79k, so compared to that it's a steal.

I would value them the same.........if rough, less for the Packard.