1928 Dodge Victory six help

• NJ victory six changed the title to 1928 Dodge Victory six help

More photos and location may help determine a value. Is the car in New Jersey?

46 minutes ago, NJ victory six said:

Hi! Would anyone be able to give me their opinion of what this 1928 Dodge Victory Six could possibly be worth? It has been in my Granfagarage for ages. I don’t really know much about it. But we have to sell it. I need some help pricing it :) thanks!

79C00B0B-D66F-42C7-B5C4-36A18671609E.jpeg

Edited by keiser31 (see edit history)
  • Like 1

The biggest concern here is the condition of the engine. Suggest you get it running before you sell it.

Engine rebuild by a shop could be between $6000 and $8000 dollars. The Babbit bearing replacement is very expensive and a shop to do them may be hard to find.

A good running engine will help a lot.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, NJ victory six said:

We wouldn’t be fixing anything first. It will just be sold as is. I’m assuming the engine will need work. So I’m curious what an “as is” price is, assuming the engine isn’t in good condition. I appreciate these responses. Thank you!

You should keep it in the family and fix the old girl up. 
How long has your grandfather owned it for. 

• Like 1

Lol I wish I knew anything about fixing up cars! My grandfather bought it in 1958 and drove it once and then put it in the garage with intentions to fix it up, but never did. We’ve held onto it for many years after he passed, but sadly we have to let it go since the house sold.

• Like 1

I paid 4 grand for my 32 Dodge Brothers in much better shape.  The problem with your car, as cool as it is, is that it won’t do much more than 45mph with a good tailwind and twenties sedans are not very popular at the moment.  If the car ran, most folks would probably drive it as is as a survivor.  Getting it running after sitting that long is a crap shoot.  The engine may or may not be seized and the fuel system, the brakes and wiring would need attention.  As it sits, I would take an offer of $2500 all day long.