Does anyone have information on what standard tools like jacks, engine cranks, wheel wrenches etc. came with 1937 Dodge MC/MD trucks? I think they were usually stored under the seat.

Elmer_Stange

Hens tooth if you find out, DBC published the Guide to Authentic Tools 1914-1938, with only two pages dedicated to our trucks. And neither page has any reference to the '36-'38 years...John Bittence wrote the section, perhaps there is more info since it was first published January 2012. Reprints are available through here (click this). Let me know what/if you find out and will follow this thread.

BTW, I do have a giant box of old DB tools, I just don't know what ones to use in the Trucks, and when I do will get the wife to sew up some re-pop pouches.

I would think the owner's manual would list them just like the cars. But I have never seen a truck manual and I am sure there are none in the DBC collection at AACA library. Truck info is pretty slim in our stash, not because of no interest. It is because most trucks were used up and thrown away. Elmer, you could contact the AACA library and and ask them if they have anything. I have a dealer truck brochure bought that I have not picked up yet and haven't seen. When I get it next week I will look through it, it's a '39.

• Like 1

My 1941 copyright Series WD owners manual only talks about the jack being supplied and that is the section on how to remove the wheels. So there may not be a list of supplied tools in them. The manual is what came with my 1946 1 ton when I got it in 1973 or 74.

20 hours ago, nearchoclatetown said:

Have you looked at the AACA library online catalog? They show two manuals for '37 trucks in our collection. 

No, I did not, always have assumed it was original of the re-pops available online. Unfortunately the library does not have much for us. We depend on each other for knowledge sharing.