WTB - 1955 Buick Century rear end

Hotrods1936

On 1/28/2021 at 1:18 PM, Hotrods1936 said:

I need a 1955 Century rear end, differental or ring and pinion. The spline on my pinion are heavily wore. My ratio is 3:42, pinion part number is 1318723 12-41-GM. I could also use a drive shaft. I am located in Cincinnati Ohio but will travel.

All I have is a roadmaster rear.  It's the 3.4 so correct ratio.  I don't know if the drive shafts are the same length...  @MrEarl @old-tank do you guys know?

Edited by NC-car-guy (see edit history)

Had the car sold until tranny went out. Plans have changed, tranny is rebuilt, rebuilding 322 now and was trying to fix the leaking rear end seals when I found the splines and broken pins.... Great car, have not broken a bolt yet disassembling the car, I bought it in Arizona.

IMG_20200724_165419786_HDR.jpg

IMG_20200724_164538983.jpg

• Like 6

The whole pumpkin from the larger cars, Super and Roadmaster, will fit into the axle housing of a smaller car, Century or Special.  Only difference with parts inside the pumpkin will be the ring and pinion for various ratios among the models and transmissions.  And there is a difference between early and later in how the ring gear is attached to the carrier - earlier used rivets, later used bolts.  It might take a good machine shop to make one ring work on a different carrier.

Agreed with Mr. Earl, nice looking car!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1