The Man in the High Castle

dictator27

15 minutes ago, greenie said:

Yes, 5 seasons starting in 2015. I am guessing you were impressed with the nice German cars featured in many scenes; and the shabby working class trucks, many of which are GMC’s. Now as for the plot and the characters- well, they are out there!

What surprised me was the wide age range of the vehicles, from the mid '20's to the early '60's.  Also the variety of vehicles, American, German, Japanese, British and French.

On a personal level, much of the filming was done in Vancouver, including a scene in the church I attend, so it was interesting to see how the local landmarks were used.

As to the plot and characters, bit of a stretch!!

I had a few vehicles in a variety of scenes back in seasons 1 and 2.  I don't know if they made it to the final cut or not.  They were really interested in early post WW2 Japanese and Eastern European cars, or pre-war American.  The storyline is such that they actually put up disclaimer signs to inform the public as to why they were seeing Nazi symbols and armed Japanese soldiers in downtown Vancouver.

The Japanese cars were interesting to see.  They came from a Toyota museum in California and the production company kept them around for a couple of years, I believe.  They were some very unusual early Toyotas.

IMG_0142.thumb.jpg.70573dcd5cbe59b0a2dae3a31df80edc.jpg

IMG_0144.thumb.jpg.6c327028aabd201cd33a648001ada1f5.jpg

IMG_0150.thumb.jpg.aef86f0b0f0b6e95717e1fe78b786b08.jpg

IMG_0135.thumb.jpg.50889a1aa4c9b89d644d8661103ae475.jpg

• Like 1

I watched the series from start to finish.  The transitioning from one world to another with the same characters was a stretch, no doubt.  Still, I mostly enjoyed it and thought it was mostly well done, although I didn't enjoy the final season nearly as much as the first four.

I enjoyed the array of cars.  I really liked the '49 Chevrolet Coupe, pictured here.

103mhc_003000_c53.jpg

103mhc_004606_c39.jpg

2404.jpg

2851.jpg

i869034.jpg

Edited by Dosmo (see edit history)